How Do I Remove A Corrupt File?

July 19, 2005 5:19:03 PM

Hi everyone!
I only have this computer 2 days & a problem already.
I wanted to download a plug-in for a tracking program i use on my e-mail,
unfortunately the file was corrupt as i sent it to my desktop from an e-mail
several months old.I went through the install process until finish.However i
later found out that i am unable to send any e-mail from either my Hotmail or
Yahoo accounts,due to an "error on page" message at the bottom of the page.I
soon found out that the culprit was the plug-in,so i went to the "add/remove"
box to uninstall the pest.
This is where the problem begins as it was'nt there,so i don't know how to
proceed.
Can someone advise me how to remove this corrupt file,or better still,is
there anyone willing to do it for me by connecting to my computer?
Many thanks.
Gregory.
--
If you have received this e-mail in error then please notify the sender &
return.Thank you.

More about : remove corrupt file

Anonymous
July 19, 2005 7:30:47 PM

1. Open XP's "Help and Support Center".
2. In the Search box type: SYSTEM RESTORE , and hit enter.
3. Then click on: "Run the System Restore Wizard".

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Gregory" wrote:

| Hi everyone!
| I only have this computer 2 days & a problem already.
| I wanted to download a plug-in for a tracking program i use on my e-mail,
| unfortunately the file was corrupt as i sent it to my desktop from an e-mail
| several months old.I went through the install process until finish.However i
| later found out that i am unable to send any e-mail from either my Hotmail or
| Yahoo accounts,due to an "error on page" message at the bottom of the page.I
| soon found out that the culprit was the plug-in,so i went to the "add/remove"
| box to uninstall the pest.
| This is where the problem begins as it was'nt there,so i don't know how to
| proceed.
| Can someone advise me how to remove this corrupt file,or better still,is
| there anyone willing to do it for me by connecting to my computer?
| Many thanks.
| Gregory.
| --
| If you have received this e-mail in error then please notify the sender &
| return.Thank you.
July 19, 2005 7:31:03 PM

Hello Carey.I have already tried system restore earlier this evening but it
did not work out,but thanks for the suggestion.
To John,thanks to you too for getting back to me.I have already made 2
attempts to download the plug-in from the site earlier to-day but i was
unable to do so.
--

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> 1. Open XP's "Help and Support Center".
> 2. In the Search box type: SYSTEM RESTORE , and hit enter.
> 3. Then click on: "Run the System Restore Wizard".
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups

> "Gregory" wrote:
>
> | Hi everyone!
> | I only have this computer 2 days & a problem already.
> | I wanted to download a plug-in for a tracking program i use on my e-mail,
> | unfortunately the file was corrupt as i sent it to my desktop from an e-mail
> | several months old.I went through the install process until finish.However i
> | later found out that i am unable to send any e-mail from either my Hotmail or
> | Yahoo accounts,due to an "error on page" message at the bottom of the page.I
> | soon found out that the culprit was the plug-in,so i went to the "add/remove"
> | box to uninstall the pest.
> | This is where the problem begins as it was'nt there,so i don't know how to
> | proceed.
> | Can someone advise me how to remove this corrupt file,or better still,is
> | there anyone willing to do it for me by connecting to my computer?
> | Many thanks.
> | Gregory.
> | --
> | If you have received this e-mail in error then please notify the sender &
> | return.Thank you.

July 20, 2005 4:14:42 AM

Download and Reinstall the latest plug-in.
Maybe it works well and you decide to keep it,
or it may have an Uninstall now.

"Gregory" <gregorychambers21@hotmail.com[donotspam]> wrote in message
> Hi everyone!
> I only have this computer 2 days & a problem already.
> I wanted to download a plug-in for a tracking program i use on my e-mail,
> unfortunately the file was corrupt as i sent it to my desktop from an
e-mail
> several months old.I went through the install process until finish.However
> later found out that i am unable to send any e-mail from either my Hotmail
or
> Yahoo accounts,due to an "error on page" message at the bottom of the
page.I
> soon found out that the culprit was the plug-in,so i went to the
"add/remove"
> box to uninstall the pest.
> This is where the problem begins as it was'nt there,so i don't know how to
> proceed.
> Can someone advise me how to remove this corrupt file,or better still,is
> there anyone willing to do it for me by connecting to my computer?
> Many thanks.
> Gregory.
> --
> If you have received this e-mail in error then please notify the sender &
> return.Thank you.
July 21, 2005 4:50:11 PM

TO Carey & John,just a big thank you as your suggestion to use system restore
worked after all.I just went back to an even earlier time,to last Sunday when
i installed my DSL modem.So everything is back to normal now.Thanks.Gregory.
--

!