Sign in with
Your question

How does gravity affect time amd space

Last response: in Tom's Guide
Anonymous
January 30, 2010 6:07:35 AM

Hello
I know that gravity waves of witch there is two kinds A an B. A is what we feel here on earth B gravity is hoped to propel ships and bend space and time
January 30, 2010 8:38:42 AM

You can see the extremely tiny particles of gravity with with the naked eye if you take enough illegal drugs and drink all day like you apparently have.
January 30, 2010 12:58:46 PM

This topic has been moved from the section Tom's Hardware Forum related to section Work & Education by Justinblue
Related resources
February 3, 2010 11:42:45 AM

badge the trick here is in the title ... which you missed ... and I am quite surprised at that.

At AMD ... time moves more quickly.

Intel have extended a small time dilation field over the areas where all of the AMD Engineers are working.

This field causes their day to go much quicker ... and they achieve less.

Once they exit the field and go home ... their lives go back to normal.

Essentially this is causing a significant slowdown in their efforts to catch Intel in CPU design.

Conversely Intel have installed a time dilation field over their design facilities ... with the opposite effect ... making their engineers put in 18 hr days.

I am sorry this has taken me two weeks to post this ...

February 3, 2010 5:12:17 PM

Quote:
At AMD ... time moves more quickly.

Intel have extended a small time dilation field over the areas where all of the AMD Engineers are working.

This field causes their day to go much quicker ... and they achieve less.

Once they exit the field and go home ... their lives go back to normal.

Essentially this is causing a significant slowdown in their efforts to catch Intel in CPU design.

Dilbert is working for AMD apparently.

Next year they will catch with Intel as it is today.
February 4, 2010 4:06:30 PM

Why do I get the feeling tonight as I sleep Ill be awakened and finally understand this thread.....
February 5, 2010 12:51:02 PM

Ahh yes.

I will pop over to my friends place tomorrow and sort this all out for you.

Mark has been working with exotic alloys to make a suitable structure to distort time ... we wanted to get next weeks lotto numbers then reverse the field and return.

So we can pay the power bill to follow ...

Alas at this stage the local power station is unwilling to give him a direct feed from one of the the 200MW generator outputs (there are 6 driven by steam turbines in 3 banks of 2 plus a couple of new 250MW GT's) and he can't move the device any closer due to the unique rock strata in the hills.

As the power plant is on the seashore here we have a problem.

They won't loan us a 250MW GT's so we are experimenting with an infinite improbability generator instead.

We just aren't sure when it will turn on ...

We threw the switch a few days ago ... nothing so far.

According to his calculations it should work sometime before the Sun expands and the Earth is destroyed.

I will keep you posted.

He has a stable job working for a local university physics department ... and I run a local Institute of Technology ... so we should be right for at least 20 years.
February 5, 2010 2:29:05 PM

The notion of time is relevant because of death. Take that away and what happends to time?
February 5, 2010 4:15:18 PM

personally i dont think time exists.

I think everything happened simultaneously and it just seems like it happens in a logical order because thats all our brains can deal with.
February 5, 2010 4:15:48 PM

and in reply to the original question.....

Gravely.
February 5, 2010 5:04:20 PM

Quote:

Give XFX a try.
February 5, 2010 5:39:02 PM

some say that if you live supremely in the moment of Now, then time no longer exists

just about everyone has had experiences with altered states of time
February 5, 2010 6:00:39 PM

I have made good use of my time here and have done extreme good toward my fellow man. I have done so above and beyond the call of duty according to god. How do I know? God has agreed. I will not be reincarnated upon this death, it is my final death, and I will not appear on earth born in a mud hut going on to become the successful leader of Venezuela.
a b À AMD
February 5, 2010 6:17:01 PM

OBEY GRAVITY ..... It's the Law !
February 5, 2010 6:21:40 PM

This man, Obama, is the law.

February 5, 2010 7:32:16 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Give XFX a try.

I know the instant you mention XFX it would be the banned ad lol.
February 5, 2010 8:48:39 PM

Time does exist.... I can see it wrapped around my left wrist, and I just changed the battery 3 months ago to keep it running...
February 5, 2010 9:06:30 PM

We are a product of creation in time with a sole purpose of exploring and providing an answer to all creation itself. In time, we are creation's way of exploring and explaining creation itself.
February 5, 2010 9:28:07 PM

i am not a "product of creation"... you have it backwards... it's this way:

"creation is a product of myself"
February 5, 2010 9:30:35 PM

Yeah. I created women. And you?
February 5, 2010 9:33:23 PM

You are creation's way of explaing itself.
February 5, 2010 9:37:02 PM

I am a product of a black hole. As is the milky way galaxy. As are all galaxys. Galaxys are are a product of creation. In relation to creation's way of explaining itself, I am much more important than how galaxies are formed.
February 5, 2010 9:41:16 PM

women or men it's the same thing... why seperate them?

"You are creation's way of explaing itself. "

creation is within me and part of me...everything ...time, space and matter-energy is part of me but my true identity remains a mystery....

February 5, 2010 9:42:24 PM

Like I said, it's no longer a mystery.

"You are creation's way of explaing itself. "

February 5, 2010 9:45:43 PM

i may be a product of your imagination ... best you refrase and use "i" in these identity explanations rather than "you" as in referring to someone other than yourself. Is this part clear to you?
February 5, 2010 9:50:43 PM

Quote:
i am not a "product of creation"... you have it backwards... it's this way:

Quote:

Quote:

Wrong. You created creation? That is what you are saying. It's the other way around. Creation created you as means to explaining (or exploring if you will) itself. Time is involved.
February 5, 2010 9:55:29 PM

Quote:
i may be a product of your imagination ... best you refrase and use "i" in these identity explanations rather than "you" as in referring to someone other than yourself. Is this part clear to you?

Quote:
i may be a product of your imagination

My imagination has nothing to do with anything especially the idea that you are the creator of creation. That's what you said, check it.

Quote:
best you refrase and use "i" in these identity explanations rather than "you" as in referring to someone other than yourself. Is this part clear to you?

So I'll refer to you as 'the creator' Should I reference that to 'creator of all creation'? Let me know your highness. That way when I refer to you will feel like god.

Let me set something straight with you. You are not the creator. this is what you are, not me, you.

"You are creation's way of explaining itself. "

February 5, 2010 9:59:58 PM

Pike wrote:

Quote:

LMAO!

It's like this:

You are creation's way of explaing itself.

February 6, 2010 12:24:39 AM

Are we all not stardust?

February 6, 2010 12:37:04 AM

LMAO! Not me. I am the creator!

February 8, 2010 6:07:54 AM

Did JD give you that one from his home movie collection ...heh heh.
February 8, 2010 6:14:50 AM

I think the little guy was JD!
February 8, 2010 6:29:48 AM

Quote:
Hello
I know that gravity waves of witch there is two kinds A an B.

I'm surprised that nobody has brought up the gravity witches. Gravity witch A must be Isabel Bigelow and B must be Nicole Kidman?
February 8, 2010 6:36:11 AM

I saw that witch. That's why I used the word naked in my initial post.
February 8, 2010 11:31:30 AM

gravity can be effectively nulled for a short time (localised effects only) due to the effect of a good witch ... moreso with a bad witch.

The phenomenon needs considerable study and most men are working on this avidly.

February 10, 2010 7:14:52 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Wrong. You created creation? That is what you are saying. It's the other way around. Creation created you as means to explaining (or exploring if you will) itself. Time is involved.

It's the very old spiritual topic of the perceiver versus the perceived...whatever is perceived is NOT the perceiver and it follows that has neither created the perceiver.

Tell me Badge, if you feel so inclined, about your spiritual path? What experiences have brought you to prefer the notion of being created rather than being the creator?

Nice talking to you.
February 10, 2010 7:40:05 PM

Quote:
Quote:
i may be a product of your imagination

My imagination has nothing to do with anything especially the idea that you are the creator of creation. That's what you said, check it.

Quote:
best you refrase and use "i" in these identity explanations rather than "you" as in referring to someone other than yourself. Is this part clear to you?

So I'll refer to you as 'the creator' Should I reference that to 'creator of all creation'? Let me know your highness. That way when I refer to you will feel like god.

Let me set something straight with you. You are not the creator. this is what you are, not me, you.

"You are creation's way of explaining itself. "

\\ Let me know your highness\\

Why add that to the discussion? Doesn't appear very objective now does it!

February 10, 2010 7:47:13 PM

Quote:
Are we all not stardust?

Hello reynod.

It does seem that way doesn't it
February 10, 2010 9:15:40 PM

This dark matter stuff has me a bit stumped though.

What is your take on that?

I just think ... heaps of neutrons ...??
February 10, 2010 9:26:52 PM

Eternity is in love with the productions of time. --Wm Blake

We create the world and the world creates us because everything is an act of creation.
February 10, 2010 9:32:21 PM

Quote:
The notion of time is relevant because of death. Take that away and what happends to time?

Time-death=BSOD
February 10, 2010 9:32:48 PM

Quote:

February 10, 2010 9:35:40 PM

Quote:
personally i dont think time exists.

I think everything happened simultaneously and it just seems like it happens in a logical order because thats all our brains can deal with.

Time does exist. Proof: If you look in the bottom rght corner of your Windows desktop you will see the time there. Not only it exists, it is manageable as well! If you go to Control Panel, Services and scroll at the bottom, there is a service called Windows Time, it clearly states that it synchronises time (i guess with some kind of time machine built at Microsoft)!!!
February 10, 2010 10:19:48 PM

Quote:
It's the very old spiritual topic of the perceiver versus the perceived...whatever is perceived is NOT the perceiver and it follows that has neither created the perceiver.

Tell me Badge, if you feel so inclined, about your spiritual path? What experiences have brought you to prefer the notion of being created rather than being the creator?

Nice talking to you.

Who's your daddy?
February 13, 2010 11:38:01 AM

offtopic !!

February 14, 2010 5:15:40 PM

Quote:
offtopic !!

Are you kidding me?!

But so long as we're on to the metaphysical, if there is such a thing as time, how did we arrive at now? That is, if the world's timeline stretches back an infinite distance, how did we arrive at one point on it going at such and such a speed? And if time is not an infinite line, how did it start?
!