  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
Share
February 9, 2005 9:03:42 PM

Hi, I'm Donnie, you may remember me from such threads as" Right Winger
seeks Submissive Liberal Lover", "Iran or Iraq What's the Difference
from a Bomb Sight?", "The Pacific Ocean and How it Impacted Tet".

But right now I'd like to ask advice on 15mm Napoleonics. I'm getting
interested in the period but have no idea of a set of rules.

To help you I like Johnny Reb II and don't like Fire and Fury, I have
seen Principles of War (Colonial) and am not totally convinced.

I have access to hundreds of inexpensive Napoleonic figures, Oh,
didn't I mention

www.minifigures.co.uk

?

Well now I have. So can any one help me out? Suggest a set of rules
for me?

TIA

Donnie

More about : napoleonic rules

February 9, 2005 10:52:51 PM

Try General de Brigade, I believe the battalions are 24-36 figures. In
The Name of Glory may be another you might like.

Happy Gaming!

On Wed, 09 Feb 2005 18:03:42 +0000, Donnie <donnieitaly@fastmail.fm>
wrote:

>Hi, I'm Donnie, you may remember me from such threads as" Right Winger
>seeks Submissive Liberal Lover", "Iran or Iraq What's the Difference
>from a Bomb Sight?", "The Pacific Ocean and How it Impacted Tet".
>
>But right now I'd like to ask advice on 15mm Napoleonics. I'm getting
>interested in the period but have no idea of a set of rules.
>
>To help you I like Johnny Reb II and don't like Fire and Fury, I have
>seen Principles of War (Colonial) and am not totally convinced.
>
>I have access to hundreds of inexpensive Napoleonic figures, Oh,
>didn't I mention
>
>www.minifigures.co.uk
>
>?
>
>Well now I have. So can any one help me out? Suggest a set of rules
>for me?
>
>TIA
>
>Donnie

Anonymous
February 10, 2005 12:18:27 AM

Grande Armee is the current hot rage.

V&B is for us old folks with limited ambition and mental capacity.

Napoleons Battles is , well, just so yesterday!
Related resources
February 10, 2005 8:38:35 PM

On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 21:18:27 -0500, "Mike Hillsgrove"
<mikeah@cablespeed.com> wrote:

>Grande Armee is the current hot rage.

Worth a look.

>V&B is for us old folks with limited ambition and mental capacity.

That's me, and I think I have a copy>

>Napoleons Battles is , well, just so yesterday!

Well gosh, I just couldn't play that then <g>
February 10, 2005 8:39:38 PM

On Wed, 09 Feb 2005 19:52:51 -0500, bigboy <bigboy@overthere.net>
wrote:

>Try General de Brigade, I believe the battalions are 24-36 figures. In
>The Name of Glory may be another you might like.
>
>Happy Gaming!

I'm going to look for them both.

Many thanks :)

>On Wed, 09 Feb 2005 18:03:42 +0000, Donnie <donnieitaly@fastmail.fm>
>wrote:
>
>>Hi, I'm Donnie, you may remember me from such threads as" Right Winger
>>seeks Submissive Liberal Lover", "Iran or Iraq What's the Difference
>>from a Bomb Sight?", "The Pacific Ocean and How it Impacted Tet".
>>
>>But right now I'd like to ask advice on 15mm Napoleonics. I'm getting
>>interested in the period but have no idea of a set of rules.
>>
>>To help you I like Johnny Reb II and don't like Fire and Fury, I have
>>seen Principles of War (Colonial) and am not totally convinced.
>>
>>I have access to hundreds of inexpensive Napoleonic figures, Oh,
>>didn't I mention
>>
>>www.minifigures.co.uk
>>
>>?
>>
>>Well now I have. So can any one help me out? Suggest a set of rules
>>for me?
>>
>>TIA
>>
>>Donnie

Anonymous
February 11, 2005 2:40:50 PM

Donnie,

You are also welcome to download my free Napoleonic variant for the
Fire & Fury ACW rules via my Yahoo Group at:

Join the group, hit the files section and look for lafaoe.doc or pdf,
then join the other 1232 crazies for some good conversation.

You will need BOFF (Basic Original Fire & Fury) to play the variant,
but I and BOFF author Rich Hasenauer are busy working on a stand alone
version for commercial publication that completely integrates the
variant into BOFF as if it were a completely original product. Rich is
doing all the graphics (FYI he did them both for BOFF and Napoleon's
Battles).

Otherwise I'll disagree with previous and say that I'm not sure if
there is any hot Napoleonic game right now (and I do like Grande Armee
a lot, BTW). I thought Napoleon's Battles II may have been that
product, but evidently not.

Ciao.

Regards, Bill Gray

Donnie wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 21:18:27 -0500, "Mike Hillsgrove"
> <mikeah@cablespeed.com> wrote:
>
> >Grande Armee is the current hot rage.
>
> Worth a look.
> >
> >V&B is for us old folks with limited ambition and mental capacity.
>
> That's me, and I think I have a copy>
> >
> >Napoleons Battles is , well, just so yesterday!
> >
> Well gosh, I just couldn't play that then <g>
February 12, 2005 2:04:21 AM

On 11 Feb 2005 11:40:50 -0800, hmgs1@hmgs.org wrote:

>Donnie,
>
>You are also welcome to download my free Napoleonic variant for the
>Fire & Fury ACW rules via my Yahoo Group at:

>Join the group, hit the files section and look for lafaoe.doc or pdf,
>then join the other 1232 crazies for some good conversation.

Thanks Bill, but I'm already a member <vbg>. I've looked at the rules
but I'm not in a rush and am looking at all the others too.

I would also strongly recommend this group

http://www.napoleonguide.com/miniatures-general-de-brig...

for a newcomer such as myself. (New to Napoleonics that is.)

!