browny

hi all, i have a motorola SB5100 SURFboard with online gaming, the problem is
i can only use 1 system at a time (eg. when i switch the modem on by the plug
and start the PC, internet connectivty will be with the PC till i switch the
modem off) confusing i know! but isnt there a way that i can be on the
internet and online gaming the same time! that would make life alot easier,

any ideas on how to do this.
Browny

Assuming you have 2 pc's, buy a decent broadband router and hook it up to
SURFboard and PC's.
Then you have internet on one PC and play online on the other.

"Browny" <Browny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi all, i have a motorola SB5100 SURFboard with online gaming, the problem
is
> i can only use 1 system at a time (eg. when i switch the modem on by the
plug
> and start the PC, internet connectivty will be with the PC till i switch
the
> modem off) confusing i know! but isnt there a way that i can be on the
> internet and online gaming the same time! that would make life alot
easier,

> any ideas on how to do this.
> Browny

You should deffinately get a router. Not only will it allow you to connect
more than one computer at a time to the internet, but it will help protect
your system from the internet.

Not sure if I am understanding exactly what you are saying, but you can do
this when you switch to the other computer...

Click Start, then click run. In the open window type "ipconfig /renew"
(without the quotes.)

--
http://www.americantechie.com