Missing System32

Malke Wrote:
> Jachin wrote:
> -
>
> I seem to be missing the file system32 from the windows file any help
> would be great.
>
> Thank you
>
> -
> Windows\System32 is a file folder. How do you know it's missing? Are
> you
> getting this error message:
>
> Windows\system32\config\system File Is Missing Or Corrupt
>
> ?
>
> Before we give you lots of troubleshooting steps, please post back
> with
> the exact text of the error message and any attendant details you
> think
> might be helpful to give us a good picture of your machine.
>
> Malke
> --
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic!"
> MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

The error in question is this C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT The
system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows
application. Choose ‘Close’ to terminate the application.

when I go to C:\WINDOWS there is no system32 file I went to folder view
and check the show hidden files and it still doesn't show up.

--
Jachin
1 answer Last reply

    Jachin wrote:
    >> I seem to be missing the file system32 from the windows file any help
    >> would be great.
    >> --
    >> Windows\System32 is a file folder. How do you know it's missing? Are
    >> you getting this error message?...
    >>
    >> Windows\system32\config\system File Is Missing Or Corrupt
    >>
    >> Before we give you lots of troubleshooting steps, please post back with
    >> the exact text of the error message and any attendant details you think
    >> might be helpful to give us a good picture of your machine.
    <snip>

    > The error in question is this C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT The
    > system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows
    > application. Choose ‘Close’ to terminate the application.
    >
    > when I go to C:\WINDOWS there is no system32 file I went to folder view
    > and check the show hidden files and it still doesn't show up.

    Again, System32 is a folder, not a file.

    See:

    Error message when you install or start an MS-DOS or 16-bit Windows-based
    program:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324767

    Enable 'Show Hidden Files and Folders'
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2002092715262339
    --
    ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security

System32 Microsoft Error Message Windows XP