Woodland Indians wanted

Last response: in Video Games
Share
February 13, 2005 4:29:50 PM

Want to buy painted 25 mm. Woodland Indians !
Any sugestions other then e-bay or offers ?

Thank's .
Anonymous
February 14, 2005 3:45:48 AM

"Miguel" <mjccc1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Want to buy painted 25 mm. Woodland Indians !
> Any sugestions other then e-bay or offers ?

Um. Contract with a professional painter?

How much money do you want to spend? What's your objection to Ebay? Do you
shop wargame convention flea markets? Do you know about sites on the
internet that list classified ads for wargame figures?

What kind of a project are you working on? I'm a fiend for 25/28mm Indian
figures.
February 14, 2005 2:48:15 PM

> Um. Contract with a professional painter?

That´s one hipotesis !

> How much money do you want to spend?

I don´t know for certain . Some money , probably too much money for me , but
that´s the way things work when you really like something ...

What's your objection to Ebay?

NONE !!! I already bought some that way but Indian miniatures seldom appear
for sale !

Do you
> shop wargame convention flea markets?

I live in Portugal where no one is interested in that period ! No wargame
conventions here ! No flea markets here !

Do you know about sites on the
> internet that list classified ads for wargame figures?

No ! Can you help me ?

> What kind of a project are you working on?

I just love woodland Indians and I'm very interested in F&IW period . I want
to try some solitaire rules for that period .

I'm a fiend for 25/28mm Indian
> figures.

WHY ?

Thank´s for your reply ,

Miguel
February 15, 2005 2:47:14 AM

> What's your objection to Ebay?
>
> NONE !!! I already bought some that way but Indian miniatures seldom
> appear for sale !

Try searching for '25mm Indian' and '28mm Indian' in category 'Toys and
Hobbies'. I see something every day.

> Do you
>> shop wargame convention flea markets?
>
> I live in Portugal where no one is interested in that period ! No wargame
> conventions here ! No flea markets here !

You're a long way from any wargame convention that I've attended. But I know
there are wargamers in Spain. There might be something within your reach.

> Do you know about sites on the
>> internet that list classified ads for wargame figures?
>
> No ! Can you help me ?

Truthfully, you'll probably find the most listings on Ebay. But there are
two web sites you should know about.

Bartertown used to be a great flea-market site. The proprietor, Trademaster
Adam, has had a lot of problems with his server over the past few months.
The site is down more often than it's up. But on the two or three days out
of the week that Bartertown is working, people hurry up and post ads. I hope
Adam moves to a new server soon.

http://www.bartertown.com/

The Miniatures Page has a set of Marketplace boards that are reserved for
classified ads. Traffic on TMP Marketplace has always been light, but these
boards are getting more ads since Bartertown has fallen on hard times. The
Editor of TMP, Bill Armintrout, requires members to pay a small fee and
become Supporting Members in order to post ads, but anyone can read all the
boards, and post to the non-commercial boards for free.

http://theminiaturespage.com/

There's a 'Spanish Wargaming' message boad on TMP. You might be able to find
some wargamers within easy travel distance.

>> What kind of a project are you working on?
>
> I just love woodland Indians and I'm very interested in F&IW period . I
> want to try some solitaire rules for that period .

> I'm a fiend for 25/28mm Indian
>> figures.
>
> WHY ?

I live in Cincinnati, Ohio, which was founded in 1789 as Fort Washington.
Indians are local history. There's a burial mound just a mile from my door.
Pittsburg/Fort Duquesne is about 300 miles east, up the Ohio River. Some of
the Indians who fought in the French and Indian War lived here. A little
later war came to the Ohio country, when Daniel Boone led pioneers to settle
Kentucky.

Indians and frontiersmen are colorful and individualistic; frontier warfare
is exciting and dramatic. I can walk the actual battlefields without
travelling too far. So I've built up a 28mm miniatures collection for
wargaming the North American frontier in the flintlock era.

If you'd like to meet over 100 miniature wargamers with similar interests,
you might want to join the Yahoo group moccasins:

Besides the chance to exchange email with other members, the moccasins group
has very useful resources in its files and photos sections, such as
historical background, maps and drawings, several free rulesets and wargame
scenarios.
February 15, 2005 1:59:55 PM

MANY THANK'S Irving !

Your information was certainly very usefull for me !

Miguel
!