Help crashing .-.

hotwiregirl

Honorable
Jun 13, 2012
Ok to start I want to just say that I tested everything on my computer for errors and updated everything even my mb. I checked ram, cpu, gpu, hardrive all the motherboard components and made sure everything was a steady normal temp. I'am overclocking the cpu but its stable.

These are my specs.
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-qtcfncksQz4/UF5K7kPt2kI/AAAAAAAABiM/h2Lc5n621hY/s1600/34.png

I usually try to figure out my own problems but I once came to this site to ask about overclocking my system past 4100 and got
some good advice.

Anyway the trouble is that when I play a game it will randomly crash for no reason to the desktop, no errors or anything. This happens on any game and its just randomly 5mins to 3hours (random) into gameplay, whats also weird is sometimes ill have google chrome, skype and steam running and all those will instantly crash as well, the picture on the programs looks like its wigging out almost kinda like tearing apart the picture in colors then it just dies .-. . I cant bring the programs back up either, once this happens all I can do is restart the system. Whats also weird is that when it does happen everything else is fine like windows and a few programs.

I thought it was the graphics card but to be honest it could be anything. I checked the ram for errors and the hd , I checked the cpu for overheating and ran a stress test on both the gpu and cpu over and over with multiple programs but they came back good.

I also updated everything I could and went as far as re installing windows 7 and validating it. All I can think of it being a hardware issue but wanted to know if anyone came across such a bizarre problem. Because as it stands Im going to start by taking one ram stick out at a time and run the computer and start checking each part, and probably get a cheap graphics card to test if its mine that's acting up. I was hoping it was a ram issue but its kinda looking like a mb or gpu one.

Oh and I posted this in win7 forums not sure if this is the right section for this, kinda new to forums. [:hotwiregirl:3]

One more thing I forgot to add, I played minecraft that runs of java to see if it was maybe Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable package but it crashes to. I got an extra hd so Im going to try and run my games off that to see if its my hd. .-. this sucks...

Solution
i suggest to do memtest one stick at the time,you dont need to buy memtest it's free there at the middle of the page under prebuild and iso http://www.memtest.org/

hotwiregirl

Honorable
Jun 13, 2012
On Sat 9/15/2012 10:37:45 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\091512-18486-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x7F1C0)
Bugcheck code: 0xF4 (0x3, 0xFFFFFA800B169040, 0xFFFFFA800B169320, 0xFFFFF80002FD5510)
Error: CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that a process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time.

On Sat 9/15/2012 10:37:45 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
Bugcheck code: 0xF4 (0x3, 0xFFFFFA800B169040, 0xFFFFFA800B169320, 0xFFFFF80002FD5510)
Error: CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION
Bug check description: This indicates that a process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time.

Ill try to see if there's a way to fix it, hopefully it does.

hotwiregirl

Honorable
Jun 13, 2012
Well they said the first error could come from the 2nd error, ntkrnlmp and that is caused by faulty ram or a number of things. I'm going to buy memtest86 since it was recommend but ill also download secunia and the plug in for it. If this doesnt work im going to pull my two extra sticks of ram out and play a game to see if it still crashes.

hotwiregirl

Honorable
Jun 13, 2012
I know its free but thought it be nice to buy it anyway. The drivers for everything is fine I got 100% for secunia and the my config software is all good. It loaded on a website and im not missing any drivers or anything. Im going to do memtest now, if it is my ram ill be extremely happy. Cheaper then replacing everything.