Dell 3008WFP

Tags:
  • Flat Panel Monitors
  • Dell
  • Monster
  • Peripherals
Last response: in Computer Peripherals
May 22, 2008 3:12:52 PM

what do you guys think of the 3008WFP io think its quite an impressive monster beautiful and great spec to

love and metal

luke

More about : dell 3008wfp

May 27, 2008 4:51:56 AM

whats the resolution? what inputs does it have? and whats the response time?

im looking at 28+ size currently also.
May 27, 2008 6:01:10 AM

You can simply go to dell's site to get that info.

2560 x 1600 with 12ms response time, if I remember correctly.

You'll definitely want two of the most powerful cards in XFire or SLI to play games.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
May 27, 2008 11:31:27 AM

jaguarskx said:
You can simply go to dell's site to get that info.

2560 x 1600 with 12ms response time, if I remember correctly.

You'll definitely want two of the most powerful cards in XFire or SLI to play games.

8 ms (grey to grey)

I own one and I must say its really a great monitor.

Everything looks sharp and has nice colors. Some games / movies look even greater with some tweaking..

I can't say anything negative about this monitor.
But what jaguarskx already mentioned you need a real good computer to run nowerdays games on it.
May 27, 2008 4:44:46 PM

yeah the response time was my question, cause i will be using it primarily for gaming.

gettin 2 3870x2 cards for the graphics portion.
May 29, 2008 11:48:52 AM

i currently run this display under 2 8800GTX oc2's games play beautifully cod4 especially well
May 29, 2008 11:49:29 AM

not to mention the beautiful finish this display has as it is brushed aluminium as my case but a beautiful black glass stand
June 2, 2008 5:47:02 AM

morphaus said:
Make sure you dont get the 3007 model look here.... http://30dell3007.blogspot.com/

STOP POSTING THE SAME DAMN MESSAGE ALL OVER THE PLACE.

IT IS F**KING ANNOYING !!!!!

ON TOP OF THAT, YOU ARE NOT ADDING ANY VALUE!!!!
June 2, 2008 6:48:12 PM

I bought one of these recently and it really looks awesome the clarity and color is way better than my previous monitors. The response time is supposed to be lower than previous models, but I can still see blurring when panning complex pictures. I've always seen this problem with LCD's though so it's nothing new.

The biggest problem that I've had with it is that the HDCP support seems to be lacking. It doesn't support HDCP at resolutions over 1920x1080 and from what I've heard from other people it doesn't support HDCP at all over the displayport cable. I've also seen on some forums that the aspect ratio was getting screwed up on the initial revision of the monitors when watching some content, I haven't seen that problem, so I'm guessing I have the second revision of the monitor.

If you are planning on watching bluray disks you can remedy this problem by getting a tool like AnyDVD to bypass the HDCP. Unfortunately I also have a digital cable receiver so to watch TV I have to lower the resolution, reboot, and then I can watch TV.

Oh yea, and 30" is freaking huge!
November 27, 2008 6:28:02 PM

I dithered for many months before taking the plunge and purchasing one of these. At full(optimum) res., it is a great monitor. Not so great for HD movies as the image is not functioning at the optimum res., being 1080p(for HD movies) - most 1080p HD TV's will give you as good if not better results.

I run two systems off of it ..... 1 MacBook Pro 17" at 2560x1600, and 1 Linux Mandriva 2009.0 also at 2560x1600, both for images and desktop publishing, and each into it's own DVI-D. The results are stunning, and colour separation appears to be extremely good.

The default DVI cable despatched with it is not sufficient enough to support full 2560x1600 res., so you will need to purchase a replacement/additional cable with full DVI-D capability.

The HDMI connection when viewing movies is a far better option that the DVI-D connections.
December 14, 2008 7:45:53 AM

Well all i can say is BUY this baby, i started with a dell 2407WFP a couple of years ago and bought a 2709W 2 weeks ago because i thought the 3008WFP is way to big for me and also expensive.
But after i bought the 2709W and set it up i really was dissapointed in the screen so a couple of day's ago i replaced him for a 3008WFP and all i can say now is"what a beauty" this monitor is worth every penny, why you may ask ?
Well let me sum it up for you.

* christal clear images and tekst. (internet and watching photo's)
* No ghosting blurring, or input lag playing games. (i play call of duty 4 and WAW)
* When you play games in a lower resolution that the native one it still play's very good without having the things mentioned above.
* very stylish design.

See for more info the best review there is: http://www.prad.de/en/monitore/review/2008/review-dell-...