Norton Disk Doctor Cannot Continue with Repair

Tags:
  • Norton
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
July 19, 2005 10:40:02 PM

Recently, whenever I attempt to run Norton Disk Doctor (2002), I get the
following message: "The operating system, or some other process, currently
has exclusive access to this drive, or some of its files. Norton Disk Doctor
cannot continue with a repair under these conditions." I'm then asked if I'd
like to schedule a repair for a later time, but when I do I encounter the
same message. I'd appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.

More about : norton disk doctor continue repair

July 19, 2005 11:20:20 PM

Homebody wrote:
> Recently, whenever I attempt to run Norton Disk Doctor (2002), I get the
> following message: "The operating system, or some other process, currently
> has exclusive access to this drive, or some of its files. Norton Disk Doctor
> cannot continue with a repair under these conditions." I'm then asked if I'd
> like to schedule a repair for a later time, but when I do I encounter the
> same message. I'd appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.

You're best option is to not use Norton Disk Doctor.

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

You should not be using Norton Disk Doctor 2002 with Windows XP. The new
version is just a graphical user interface for chkdsk (check disk) which
comes with Windows XP. If you can learn to use cmd then you can use check
disk directly and you don't need Disk Doctor at all.

Mike

!