Norton Disk Doctor Cannot Continue with Repair

Recently, whenever I attempt to run Norton Disk Doctor (2002), I get the
following message: "The operating system, or some other process, currently
has exclusive access to this drive, or some of its files. Norton Disk Doctor
cannot continue with a repair under these conditions." I'm then asked if I'd
like to schedule a repair for a later time, but when I do I encounter the
same message. I'd appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.
2 answers Last reply
More about norton disk doctor continue repair

    Homebody wrote:
    > Recently, whenever I attempt to run Norton Disk Doctor (2002), I get the
    > following message: "The operating system, or some other process, currently
    > has exclusive access to this drive, or some of its files. Norton Disk Doctor
    > cannot continue with a repair under these conditions." I'm then asked if I'd
    > like to schedule a repair for a later time, but when I do I encounter the
    > same message. I'd appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.

    You're best option is to not use Norton Disk Doctor.

    --
    Rock
    MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

    You should not be using Norton Disk Doctor 2002 with Windows XP. The new
    version is just a graphical user interface for chkdsk (check disk) which
    comes with Windows XP. If you can learn to use cmd then you can use check
    disk directly and you don't need Disk Doctor at all.

    Mike

    "Homebody" wrote:

    > Recently, whenever I attempt to run Norton Disk Doctor (2002), I get the
    > following message: "The operating system, or some other process, currently
    > has exclusive access to this drive, or some of its files. Norton Disk Doctor
    > cannot continue with a repair under these conditions." I'm then asked if I'd
    > like to schedule a repair for a later time, but when I do I encounter the
    > same message. I'd appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.

Norton Microsoft Windows XP