15mm Samurai Castle

Let me apologize first for posting something on topic, but I'm getting
really desperate at this point.

I'm running a Samuria event at Cold Wars. Part of that plan was a Village
Green Samurai Castle, which I ordered from England last November. Since it
did not arrive, I went to a second vendor (Regimental Colors) who normally
carries Village Green. He very nicely emailed me back that he isn't carrying
Village Green anymore as there is a problem with delivery and quality. This
kind of confirms my original problem as being one of manufacturer
availability.

No one else that I know of makes a 15mm Samurai Castle. Does any store out
there have old stock that they want to get rid of? Is anyone like JR
Miniatures working on one? Even a latex one from World Maker would be nice.
An off scale model kit perhaps?

I don't do EBAY, I prefer one that I paint myself, and I don't intend to pay
a fortune. (All of my figures are painted by me - for better or worse).

If all else fails, any good plans out there that I could use to construct
one of my own?

Mike Hillsgrove wrote:
> No one else that I know of makes a 15mm Samurai Castle.

You might want to check Squadrons with an address in Texas (details
escape me at the moment). They are a large dealer in plastic models -
mostly aircraft but also figures, AFVs, etc.

>From time to time they carry a range of plastic models of different
Japanese castles. The models are all different in scale. You could
try their website and see if they are illustrated there.

Given your time frame this might be a way to go.

LE

"Mike Hillsgrove" <mikeah@cablespeed.com> wrote in message

> No one else that I know of makes a 15mm Samurai Castle. Does any store out

Stronghold Miniatures in Scotland produces the Village Green range -
http://www.stronghold-miniatures.co.uk/ - was it them you ordered from?

http://www.japanmodelrailways.com/shopenglish/ carries a variety of japanese
castles but I think you are out of luck for 15mm

BTW I've tried making the curved roofs for Chinese buildings and I gave
p - I used spaghetti, corrugated paper, corduroy and plasticard but I
couldn't get the curves right

I hope you have better luck

regards

Alan

-
Oh to be in England now that summer's here
I stand upright in my wheelbarrow and pretend I'm Boudicea
-

> http://www.stronghold-miniatures.co.uk/ - was it them you ordered from?

Yes, no dice. Got a confirmation and everything. NO DELIVERY!

Mike Hillsgrove wrote:
> > http://www.stronghold-miniatures.co.uk/ - was it them you ordered
from?

> Yes, no dice. Got a confirmation and everything. NO DELIVERY!

Mike Report them to TMP and start a thread there as well.
VR
James Mattes

I would rather be sure of my facts before I start anything. I'm not the New
York Times of Dan Rather. I'm getting the impression that it isn't a vendor
issue as much as it's a manufacturer issue.

They could have at least replied to my E-Mails however.

In the meantime, I took the advice to try the Squadron Shop. I ordered a
Heimji Castle and a Temple. While the things are NOT 15mm, (1:300 and 1:100)
they are large enough to get the point accross.

Also, any port in a storm.

Thank you. I did just that. I bought a 1:300 scale castle and a temple in
1:100. While out of scale, in reality so are the figs for the battle.