pickxx

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2004
Anyone see <A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/memory/showdoc.aspx?i=2369" target="_new"> this</A>???

The thing that made my balls tingle was the percent that a stick of DDR533 at 2-2-2-6 could beat something running at DDR610 at much more relaxed timings.

Even if the performance was even between the DDR533 and the DDR610, the DDR533 would be way better because it is much easier to run the lower FSB to run at 1:1.

shawnlizzle =]

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2005
this baby can clock all the way up to the 700s... turn me on =D
oh yeah, does that little voltage uper thingy affect your performance? cuz the anadtech only tested the RAM with the DFI board, which supports like 4v on mem
<font color=red>One Lowe</font color=red>

mozzartusm

Splendid
Sep 17, 2004
Even if the performance was even between the DDR533 and the DDR610, the DDR533 would be way better because it is much easier to run the lower FSB to run at 1:1
Could you please explain this in more detail?

READ THE STICKY AND WIN A PRIZE! ALL PRIZES CAN BE CLAIMED IN THE SECTION TITLED "THE OTHER"

pickxx

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2004
Maybe i am wrong, so please correct me if my logic fails.

But last i checked it is easier to get a 266FSB(DDR533) out of a pcu because of almost everything having locked multipliers (some AMD-M's are fully unlocked and AMD-FX's are as well) To run DDR610 you would need a 305FSB which would be harder and i think its reasonable to assume that more pcu's can hit 266 as opposed to 305.

So if the exact same system ran DDR533(2-2-2) within 1% of a DDR610(3-4-4) the better bet is the DDR533 because it uses a lower 266FSB which is more of a garentee then 305FSB.

Also lets assume the pcu you have can get to a 305FSB, i would assume the DDR533 would run better timings at 610 then the other and would generally OC further then 305 if your pcu could do it.

mozzartusm

Splendid
Sep 17, 2004
I wasnt challenging your statement, just wanted to see your explanation. Sounds solid to me.

READ THE STICKY AND WIN A PRIZE! ALL PRIZES CAN BE CLAIMED IN THE SECTION TITLED "THE OTHER"

jammydodger

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2001
...out of a pcu because of almost...
You mean CPU right? As in central processing unit.

Doesnt it have to use like 3.3v to get those timmings at that speed? Most people would have to buy one of those OCZ memory adaptor thingys that allows you to adjust the voltage as high as you want.
How much does this RAM cost anyway?

shawnlizzle =]

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2005
last time i checked on monarch it was 375... thats a lot of money from ram, oh, does that adapter thingy reduce your performance or screw up to mobo?

<font color=red>One Lowe</font color=red>

mozzartusm

Splendid
Sep 17, 2004
The thing that made my balls tingle was the percent that a stick of DDR533 at 2-2-2-6 could beat
I doubt that your balls are tingling because of the DDR533 or anything to do with beating. Id have that checked if I were you :lol:

RichPLS

Champion
yer the mastorbater, you know you were thinking it!

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

BrentUnitedMem

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2004
UTT is a general term used to describe a chip. UTT is more popular in Asian countrues. Actually, UTT usually refers to Mira die UTT, not usually winbound or others. In this case you are better off with TCCD at DDR-500.

Yes, UTT is more random; you could get stuck with a really good chip and a really bad chip.

Also, there are different UTT die revisions: normally ..BTP or ..CTP parts.

G

i guess you can just RMA your vx til you get one that ocs great =D
That's a great idea, I may try that :smile: But will all that voltage affect other things besides your manhood, such as the cpu or other components?

<font color=green> Woohoo!! I am officially an <b> Addict </b>!! </font color=green>
<i> <font color=red> One new Firefox fan </font color=red> </i>

apesoccer

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2004
i cringe every time somebody says that...bleh...they need a different word for RMA...something that means...screw the company you bought it from, so that they'll charge higher prices to compensate for the added cost of taking care of returns that don't need to be returned...=P

Current machines running F@H:
AMD: [64 3500+][64 3000+][2500+][2000+][1.3x1][366]
Intel: [X 3.0][P4 3.0][P4 2.4x5][P4 1.4]

"...and i'm not gay" RX8 -Greatest Quote of ALL Time

BrentUnitedMem

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2004
I agree completely.

Retail companies have to pay too much for RMA, which is included in the price for the actual product as apesoccer mentioned. It's a shame.

This is not allowed in the wholesale market.

BrentUnitedMem

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2004
I try. =)