Weird Things happening to my Internet Connection

July 19, 2005 11:13:02 PM

I don't know what is going on with my computer. I have a main computer that
is hooked up to a 2Wire Gateway Home Portal and 2 computers that are
wireless. The 2 that are wireless are receiving a good signal and able to
connect to the internet without problems. But the one with the gateway won't
connect. I have restarted the computer many times and the connection starts
and for some unknown reason 2 web pages pop up with no information on them.
These are the urls:
http://sslsite872.info/phpbb/index2.html
http://210.112.166.7/fire.html
I don't know what has happened here. Yesterday I went to do a live update
and a program popped up by it self and installed its self. It was called
WinFixer 2005. I uninstalled it right away. After restarting my computer
after this I began to have these problems with connecting. Today another
weird program installed itself called Search 180, I do believe. I uninstalled
it also. I am at a loss as to what I am to do. Can someone out there help me
out. There is no way I can dowload anything using that computer, since I can
not make a connection. I am using my notebook to send this message, since I
am able to get an internet connection with it. Thank-you to who ever can help
me.
Kemm
Anonymous
July 20, 2005 2:28:26 AM

The machine's been hijacked!

Check for Hijackware
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/Darnit.htm

When all else fails, HijackThis
(http://aumha.net/downloads/hijackthis.zip) is the preferred tool to
use. It will help you to both identify and remove any hijackware/spyware.
**Post your HijackThis log to http://forums.spywareinfo.com/,
http://castlecops.com/forum67.html or
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30 for expert analysis, not here.**

So How Did I Get Infected Anyway?
http://computercops.biz/postt7736.html

--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security

Kemm556 wrote:
> I don't know what is going on with my computer. I have a main computer
> that
> is hooked up to a 2Wire Gateway Home Portal and 2 computers that are
> wireless. The 2 that are wireless are receiving a good signal and able to
> connect to the internet without problems. But the one with the gateway
> won't
> connect. I have restarted the computer many times and the connection
> starts
> and for some unknown reason 2 web pages pop up with no information on
> them.
> These are the urls:
> http://sslsite872.info/phpbb/index2.html
> http://210.112.166.7/fire.html
> I don't know what has happened here. Yesterday I went to do a live update
> and a program popped up by it self and installed its self. It was called
> WinFixer 2005. I uninstalled it right away. After restarting my computer
> after this I began to have these problems with connecting. Today another
> weird program installed itself called Search 180, I do believe. I
> uninstalled it also. I am at a loss as to what I am to do. Can someone out
> there help me out. There is no way I can dowload anything using that
> computer, since I can not make a connection. I am using my notebook to
> send
> this message, since I am able to get an internet connection with it.
> Thank-you to who ever can help me.
> Kemm
Anonymous
July 20, 2005 2:28:27 AM

How can I download any of these when I can connect to the internet with that
computer?

Related resources
July 20, 2005 2:28:28 AM

How are you posting here?

--

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

"Kemm556" <Kemm556@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How can I download any of these when I can connect to the internet with
> that
> computer?
>
> "PA Bear" wrote:
>
>> The machine's been hijacked!
>>
>> Check for Hijackware
>> http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
>> http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
>> http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/Darnit.htm
>> http://defendingyourmachine.blogspot.com/
>>
>> When all else fails, HijackThis
>> (http://aumha.net/downloads/hijackthis.zip) is the preferred tool to
>> use. It will help you to both identify and remove any
>> hijackware/spyware.
>> **Post your HijackThis log to http://forums.spywareinfo.com/,
>> http://castlecops.com/forum67.html or
>> http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30 for expert analysis, not here.**
>>
>> So How Did I Get Infected Anyway?
>> http://computercops.biz/postt7736.html
>>
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security
>>
>> Kemm556 wrote:
>> > I don't know what is going on with my computer. I have a main computer
>> > that
>> > is hooked up to a 2Wire Gateway Home Portal and 2 computers that are
>> > wireless. The 2 that are wireless are receiving a good signal and able
>> > connect to the internet without problems. But the one with the gateway
>> > won't
>> > connect. I have restarted the computer many times and the connection
>> > starts
>> > and for some unknown reason 2 web pages pop up with no information on
>> > them.
>> > These are the urls:
>> > http://sslsite872.info/phpbb/index2.html
>> > http://210.112.166.7/fire.html
>> > I don't know what has happened here. Yesterday I went to do a live
>> > update
>> > and a program popped up by it self and installed its self. It was
>> > called
>> > WinFixer 2005. I uninstalled it right away. After restarting my
>> > computer
>> > after this I began to have these problems with connecting. Today
>> > another
>> > weird program installed itself called Search 180, I do believe. I
>> > uninstalled it also. I am at a loss as to what I am to do. Can someone
>> > out
>> > there help me out. There is no way I can dowload anything using that
>> > computer, since I can not make a connection. I am using my notebook to
>> > send
>> > this message, since I am able to get an internet connection with it.
>> > Thank-you to who ever can help me.
>> > Kemm

Anonymous
July 20, 2005 2:28:29 AM

I am using my notebook that is using a wireless connection to the computer
that can't connect to the internet. This notebook and my other computer has
no problems connecting.

"Kelly" wrote:

> How are you posting here?
>
> --
>
> All the Best,
> Kelly (MS-MVP)
>
> Troubleshooting Windows XP
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
>

> "Kemm556" <Kemm556@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > How can I download any of these when I can connect to the internet with
> > that
> > computer?
> >
> > "PA Bear" wrote:
> >
> >> The machine's been hijacked!
> >>
> >> Check for Hijackware
> >> http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
> >> http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
> >> http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
> >> http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/Darnit.htm
> >> http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/Malware_Defence.htm
> >> http://defendingyourmachine.blogspot.com/
> >>
> >> When all else fails, HijackThis
> >> (http://aumha.net/downloads/hijackthis.zip) is the preferred tool to
> >> use. It will help you to both identify and remove any
> >> hijackware/spyware.
> >> **Post your HijackThis log to http://forums.spywareinfo.com/,
> >> http://castlecops.com/forum67.html or
> >> http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30 for expert analysis, not here.**
> >>
> >> So How Did I Get Infected Anyway?
> >> http://computercops.biz/postt7736.html
> >>
> >> --
> >> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> >> MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security

Anonymous
July 20, 2005 2:50:54 AM

<VBEG>

Kelly wrote:
> How are you posting here?
>

> "Kemm556" <Kemm556@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> How can I download any of these when I can connect to the internet with
>> that
>> computer?
>>
>> "PA Bear" wrote:
>>
>>> The machine's been hijacked!
>>>
>>> Check for Hijackware
>>> http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
>>> http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
>>> http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
>>> http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/Darnit.htm
>>> http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/Malware_Defence.htm
>>> http://defendingyourmachine.blogspot.com/
>>>
>>> When all else fails, HijackThis
>>> (http://aumha.net/downloads/hijackthis.zip) is the preferred tool to
>>> use. It will help you to both identify and remove any
>>> hijackware/spyware.
>>> **Post your HijackThis log to http://forums.spywareinfo.com/,
>>> http://castlecops.com/forum67.html or
>>> http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30 for expert analysis, not here.**
>>>
>>> So How Did I Get Infected Anyway?
>>> http://computercops.biz/postt7736.html
>>>
>>> --
>>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>>> MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security

Anonymous
July 20, 2005 2:50:55 AM

Did you post something here? If so, it did not show up. I thought maybe you
were answering my other post as to how to download a fix, when I can't
connect with that computer.

July 20, 2005 2:50:55 AM

<w>

--

> <VBEG>
>
> Kelly wrote:
>> How are you posting here?
>>

>> "Kemm556" <Kemm556@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> How can I download any of these when I can connect to the internet with
>>> that
>>> computer?

Anonymous
July 20, 2005 3:36:25 AM

You can read the cited pages using the laptop.

You can download many of the installers for the anti-malware tools (e.g.,
Ad-aware SE v1.06, CWShredder), copy it to removable media (e.g., CD, USB
Key) and transfer it to the problem machine for installation. Likewise, you
can download updated definitions for Ad-aware et al. and use them to
manually update the applications on the problem machine.

If I'm not mistaken, this technique is described on one or more of the pages
I cited.
--

Kemm556 wrote:
> I am using my notebook that is using a wireless connection to the computer
> that can't connect to the internet. This notebook and my other computer
> has
> no problems connecting.
>
> "Kelly" wrote:
>
>> How are you posting here?
>>
>> --
>>
>> All the Best,
>> Kelly (MS-MVP)
>>
>> Troubleshooting Windows XP
>> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
>>

>> "Kemm556" <Kemm556@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> How can I download any of these when I can connect to the internet with
>>> that
>>> computer?

Anonymous
July 20, 2005 9:10:42 AM

Download, install, update and run all of the following. Burn them to a cd or
use a thumb drive then transfer it to the other computer. Post the
hijackthis log here in this group so I can look at it.

Ad-Aware

Spybot search and destroy
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/

Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta1)

a copy of the log file and cut and paste it back here to the group so that
it can be analyzed.

HijackThis

>I am using my notebook that is using a wireless connection to the computer
> that can't connect to the internet. This notebook and my other computer
> has
> no problems connecting.
>
> "Kelly" wrote:
>
>> How are you posting here?
>>
>> --
>>
>> All the Best,
>> Kelly (MS-MVP)
>>
>> Troubleshooting Windows XP
>> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
>>

>> "Kemm556" <Kemm556@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > How can I download any of these when I can connect to the internet with
>> > that
>> > computer?

Anonymous
July 20, 2005 2:37:54 PM

pcbutts1 wrote:
> Download, install, update and run all of the following. Burn them to
> a cd or use a thumb drive then transfer it to the other computer.
> Post the hijackthis log here in this group so I can look at it.
>
> Ad-Aware
> http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/
>
> Spybot search and destroy
> http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/
>
> Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta1)
>
> If none of the above fixes the issue then download Hijack this, run
> it, save a copy of the log file and cut and paste it back here to the
> group so that it can be analyzed.
>
> HijackThis
> http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/downloads.html

Don't follow this fools advise to post HijackThis logs here as this is
not the proper forum. pcButthead has demonstrated that he cannot
properly interpret them, and you'll just be wasting your time.

Want to get a real expert's interpretation of HijackThis logs, follow PA
Bear's advice:

**Post your HijackThis log to http://forums.spywareinfo.com/,
http://castlecops.com/forum67.html or
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30 for expert analysis, not here.**

pcButthead only plays an expert in this group, he really only is a fool.

--
Peace!
Kurt

Thanks to everyone for their help. I will see what I can do here to solve the
problem. I found out that my daughter had received a link from someone on her
buddy list to go to and I do believe this is where the malicious spyware came
from. I should be able to get it fixed with all of the suggestions from
everyone.
Thanks again.
Kemm

!