Sign in with
Your question
Closed

DIY Solar Panels

Last response: in Other Consumer Electronics
February 23, 2010 2:55:30 PM

Quick question for you nforce4max, if your have done a DIY project for solar. How did you buy/make a junction box for the back of the solar panel? I've been to every home depot/lowes and they have nothing close. I just dont feel like forking out $20 on ebay for a simple little junction box. Thanks
Score
February 23, 2010 6:40:44 PM

stevesullivan14 said:
Quick question for you nforce4max, if your have done a DIY project for solar. How did you buy/make a junction box for the back of the solar panel? I've been to every home depot/lowes and they have nothing close. I just dont feel like forking out $20 on ebay for a simple little junction box. Thanks

Do you mean charge controller then you can try several places but if nothing turns up call any company that specializes in green energy tech that installs wind and solar systems ask them for a vendor that sells them.
Score
Related resources
February 23, 2010 9:43:05 PM

there is some chines company that offers that on ebay! i installed one of them from that company. 6$ . cant remember their name now! ebay search should have them!
Score
February 24, 2010 4:11:15 PM

No not the charge controller, the junction box for connecting the BUS wire to wires going to the charge controller. I looked on ebay, but the lowest priced one I could find was like $16 plus shipping...
Score
February 24, 2010 4:22:43 PM

Oh sorry thelivingflesh ,I did find one on ebay for $4.99, but it was only rated up to 30 watts, which is only half of my planned panel+/- a little from some loss. So I'm wondering if it's possible just to make 1 and how if possible.
Score
!