Flight Simulator behind router

Last response: in Video Games
September 3, 2005 2:08:01 PM

Hello, I have Flight Simulator 2002 behind a DI-524 wireless router. I was
previously able to join multiplayer games before I purchased the router. Now
I cannot search for any games over the internet. I have tried many sites on
port forwarding and I have tried putting my computer in a DMZ. Nothing has
seemed to work. When I enter an IP address that I know is hosting a session I
click search and nothing appears, I have tried turning off my firewall too.
Any help appreciated, running windows XP with McAfee Firewall.
Anonymous
September 3, 2005 6:00:10 PM

Hi kman214,

You already know that the router is at fault, so you're miles
ahead in the race.. next step is to contact the support for
that router, and see if it needs a firmware upgrade in order
for you to use it for it's intended purpose. If you get a new
agent who doesn't know about port forwarding and DMZ,
patiently ask for a call-back from Level 2. Good luck! :-)

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

!