Flight Simulator behind router

Hello, I have Flight Simulator 2002 behind a DI-524 wireless router. I was
previously able to join multiplayer games before I purchased the router. Now
I cannot search for any games over the internet. I have tried many sites on
port forwarding and I have tried putting my computer in a DMZ. Nothing has
seemed to work. When I enter an IP address that I know is hosting a session I
click search and nothing appears, I have tried turning off my firewall too.
Any help appreciated, running windows XP with McAfee Firewall.
1 answer Last reply
More about flight simulator router

    Hi kman214,

    You already know that the router is at fault, so you're miles
    ahead in the race.. next step is to contact the support for
    that router, and see if it needs a firmware upgrade in order
    for you to use it for it's intended purpose. If you get a new
    agent who doesn't know about port forwarding and DMZ,
    patiently ask for a call-back from Level 2. Good luck! :-)

    --
    Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

    "kman214" <kman214@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C9554900-B6B6-442D-971C-79FABF0A0C50@microsoft.com...
    | Hello, I have Flight Simulator 2002 behind a DI-524 wireless router. I was
    | previously able to join multiplayer games before I purchased the router. Now
    | I cannot search for any games over the internet. I have tried many sites on
    | port forwarding and I have tried putting my computer in a DMZ. Nothing has
    | seemed to work. When I enter an IP address that I know is hosting a session I
    | click search and nothing appears, I have tried turning off my firewall too.
    | Any help appreciated, running windows XP with McAfee Firewall.

Routers Games Video Games