Play PS2 games on your computer.

Dygear

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2005
I have looked all around and I can't seem to find any thing out there that allows me to play my PS2 games on my monitor, I would of thought it would of been a trivial thing too. I have been told that 480i will not work on most computer monitors if you don't convert it some how. So I am going to have to make it a requirement that it MUST be able to play 480i *This keeps it to a TV Card in my computer*

I am looking to play some PS2 games (Well just one, GT4) on my computer's monitor, I don't care much about the price just keep it below 200 USD. It would be nice if you could get a PCI card that can run in; 480i, 480p, 1080i modes. The 1st two are a must. The last one (1080i) is not needed, but it would be nice.

If you know of any please post them here,
Thank you for your time,
Dygear

[GNY|SO] Member, DCC Member, CAL Member, TWL Member.
SourceMod Member, AMX Mod Dev Team, and AMX Mod X Doc Team.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
The player included with most TV cards allows the image to be stretched to fit the monitor. So you can input any NTSC TV signal to an NTSC TV tuner card and stretch it to fit the monitor. Same goes for PAL to PAL.

You can't get 1080i with an analog card, 480p is standard.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
The TV tuner can capture the video at standard TV resolutions, the video card can output that to whatever resolution is needed, and software does the conversion in the middle. So it's no problem to connect a game console to a PC using a TV card.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Mr_MULLET

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2005
I remember a program called bleem. Cant remember if it was PS1 or 2..But it allowed you to play them on the computer.
Just checked...bleem 1.5..the files are dated from 2001
but an added folder dated 2004 states it doesnt work on NT or 2000
OS.. so there ya go...

Business up front...
playin playstation in da rear...MULLETS out