COMP ILLITERATE! "500 Internal Server Error" message.. help!

July 20, 2005 2:48:42 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.inetserver.iis,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Hello,
I am a newbie and am unable to post through Google - using my
regular news server here..

Every time I attempt to post through Google or press "preview", a
message in huge letters comes up "500 Internal Server Error" or some
such.

I have "friendly error messages" disabled and it does not help at all.

I cannot get info on the reason for this error. I am totally computer
illiterate and hope someone can offer step by step instructions.

Thanks in advance!

Davis
Anonymous
July 20, 2005 2:56:05 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.inetserver.iis,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Post the complete error message, please.

Are you using IIS, since you crossposted to the IIS newsgroup?

Is the machine up-to-date at Windows Update? Is this a sudden, new problem
or an ongoing one?

Anything wrong with posting via your newsreader, whether using your
ISP-provided newsserver or the free (no subscriptions or passwords)
Microsoft newsserver (e.g., news://msnews.microsoft.com,
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security

How to make a good newsgroup post
http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

Davis wrote:
> Hello,
> I am a newbie and am unable to post through Google - using my
> regular news server here..
>
> Every time I attempt to post through Google or press "preview", a
> message in huge letters comes up "500 Internal Server Error" or some
> such.
>
> I have "friendly error messages" disabled and it does not help at all.
>
> I cannot get info on the reason for this error. I am totally computer
> illiterate and hope someone can offer step by step instructions.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Davis
Anonymous
July 20, 2005 3:26:09 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.inetserver.iis,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

I suggest you contact Google about the error message you see on their
server.

Nothing is wrong on your computer, because as the message says, it is an
"internal server error", an error on the server.

--
Regards,
Kristofer Gafvert (IIS MVP)

Davis wrote:

> Hello,
> I am a newbie and am unable to post through Google - using my
> regular news server here..
>
> Every time I attempt to post through Google or press "preview", a
> message in huge letters comes up "500 Internal Server Error" or some
> such.
>
> I have "friendly error messages" disabled and it does not help at all.
>
> I cannot get info on the reason for this error. I am totally computer
> illiterate and hope someone can offer step by step instructions.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Davis
July 20, 2005 7:19:00 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.inetserver.iis,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

500 series errors = not your problem.

It's googles problem.

"Davis" <enfainfa_482@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I am a newbie and am unable to post through Google - using my
> regular news server here..
>
> Every time I attempt to post through Google or press "preview", a
> message in huge letters comes up "500 Internal Server Error" or some
> such.
>
> I have "friendly error messages" disabled and it does not help at all.
>
> I cannot get info on the reason for this error. I am totally computer
> illiterate and hope someone can offer step by step instructions.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Davis

Anonymous
July 20, 2005 11:20:36 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.inetserver.iis,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 22:48:42 -0400, Davis <enfainfa_482@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Hello,
> I am a newbie and am unable to post through Google - using my
>regular news server here..

Can't answer the question, but isn't this a far better interface
anyway?
--
Top 10 Conservative Idiots: