cretino

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2005
its some way posible that the signal of a web cam on a computer, can be seen on a near located tv, i mean like happening with old video game consoles.

RichPLS

Champion
No, since it is not transmitting the signal via radio waves.

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

sobelizard

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2002
Technically, it should not. Can it happen? Not sure. If the camera meets FCC requirements, absolutely not. It has to do with frequency transmission. TV broadcasting in the United States falls within the 54 MHz to 698 MHz frequency range. Wireless web cameras use frequencies in the 'unlicensed' zone, 900 MHz-5.4 GHz. USB video cameras transmit via copper wiring at a low frequency.

<b><i>Powered by <font color=blue>V</font color=blue><font color=purple>E</font color=purple><font color=red>R</font color=red><font color=purple>T</font color=purple><font color=blue>O</font color=blue></b>
Fueled by <b><font color=blue>CL-</font color=blue><font color=red>ONE</font color=red></b>

sobelizard

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2002
It would depend entirely on the receiver inside of your tv. Standard receiver will not pick up signals beyond the 698MHz frequency range. However, if one wanted to try and pick up a wireless transmission, it could be done with the right equipment - to include a spectrum analyzer.

It would be near impossible for a 'hard wire' camera to bleed a signal that could be picked up by a standard tv, given it's low frequency range. You would have to amp the stray signal (would be minimal at best due to shielding and fcc requirements). I'm pretty sure the receiver in a tv lacks the required decoding technology to convert the signals back to an image.

In summary to your question: without a lot of equipment, mods, money, and time, it would not be feasible for a tv to pick up a web cam signal, wired or wireless.

<b><i>Powered by <font color=blue>V</font color=blue><font color=purple>E</font color=purple><font color=red>R</font color=red><font color=purple>T</font color=purple><font color=blue>O</font color=blue></b>
Fueled by <b><font color=blue>CL-</font color=blue><font color=red>ONE</font color=red></b>