WHERE IS MY DRIVER!!

Rahul_Arora_02

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2002
Ok, I have a P4 1500MhZ PC. It has a QDI PlatiniX 2 MB. The multi media audio adapter according to the specs is a Intel 82801BA(M)ICH2X/M -AC'97 Audio Controller.

I formatted my pc the other day to get rid off all the crap. And when I reinstalled Windows 2000 it said it couldn't find the drivers for my MULTIMEDIA AUDIO CONTROLLER. I've tried downloading the proper drivers and I can't find it anywhere. This is an onboard sound card.
Under device manager, you guessed it, the old exclamation box has arrived.

I'm going nuts. I'm almost at the point where I just want to buy an old used sound card to avoid all this extra stupid stress for no reason. Why would this all of a sudden not work? I don't remember going through this crap ever before. Just now. WHY WHY WHY!! I can't even find the drivers for this crap!! ARG !! Please help.

Rahul

folken

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2002
Windows Update doesn't have them?
I found <A HREF="http://www.folken.net/downloads/Drivers/82801BAac97.zip" target="_new">this</A> driver on driverguide.com

<A HREF="http://www.folken.net/myrig.htm" target="_new">My precious...</A>

arnold873

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2005
disable the ob sound
and buy an audigy 2zs oem its only like 70$

people are strange and when your a stranger faces seem ugly when your alone

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
A good way to waste a day's pay.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Not for the average American.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>