I accidently deleted a partition

July 20, 2005 1:34:27 AM

I bought a 400 gig drive to move all my video data onto and in the
process of repartitioning the few 80 gig drives in my external firewire
enclosure I deleted the partition on my 400 gig drive with all my
video. You can't delete a file in XP without it prompting you, then it
goes to your trash bin, then it prompts you before emptying the trah
bin. But delteing a partition is a simple right click and no mesagebox
to confirm.

Anyways I know I messed up but what is the easiest way to recover the
volume/partition. I tried partition magic but it crashed halfway thru
with an error that isn't listed at the Powerquest site. So now I am
trying PC inspecotr. It has 508 minutes to go. Hopefully when I wake up
this software will not have crashed and have a decent option for
recovering the data.
July 20, 2005 1:54:07 AM

www.ontrack.com will recover your data for a fee.

<phillip_putzback@insightbb.com> wrote in message
>I bought a 400 gig drive to move all my video data onto and in the
> process of repartitioning the few 80 gig drives in my external firewire
> enclosure I deleted the partition on my 400 gig drive with all my
> video. You can't delete a file in XP without it prompting you, then it
> goes to your trash bin, then it prompts you before emptying the trah
> bin. But delteing a partition is a simple right click and no mesagebox
> to confirm.
>
> Anyways I know I messed up but what is the easiest way to recover the
> volume/partition. I tried partition magic but it crashed halfway thru
> with an error that isn't listed at the Powerquest site. So now I am
> trying PC inspecotr. It has 508 minutes to go. Hopefully when I wake up
> this software will not have crashed and have a decent option for
> recovering the data.

Anonymous
July 20, 2005 2:42:51 AM

you can also try r-studio. i once deleted a 40GB partition of mp3's and
with this program i got back around 95% of all my files. i think there
is a fee for this program as well.
July 20, 2005 3:43:54 AM

Phillip;
If that fails, something here may help:
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/datrec.htm

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

<phillip_putzback@insightbb.com> wrote in message
>I bought a 400 gig drive to move all my video data onto and in the
> process of repartitioning the few 80 gig drives in my external firewire
> enclosure I deleted the partition on my 400 gig drive with all my
> video. You can't delete a file in XP without it prompting you, then it
> goes to your trash bin, then it prompts you before emptying the trah
> bin. But delteing a partition is a simple right click and no mesagebox
> to confirm.
>
> Anyways I know I messed up but what is the easiest way to recover the
> volume/partition. I tried partition magic but it crashed halfway thru
> with an error that isn't listed at the Powerquest site. So now I am
> trying PC inspecotr. It has 508 minutes to go. Hopefully when I wake up
> this software will not have crashed and have a decent option for
> recovering the data.

Anonymous
July 20, 2005 10:24:02 AM

If none of the posts does it for you, you might consider purchasing ARD
Commander.
Bill F

"phillip_putzback@insightbb.com" wrote:

> I bought a 400 gig drive to move all my video data onto and in the
> process of repartitioning the few 80 gig drives in my external firewire
> enclosure I deleted the partition on my 400 gig drive with all my
> video. You can't delete a file in XP without it prompting you, then it
> goes to your trash bin, then it prompts you before emptying the trah
> bin. But delteing a partition is a simple right click and no mesagebox
> to confirm.
>
> Anyways I know I messed up but what is the easiest way to recover the
> volume/partition. I tried partition magic but it crashed halfway thru
> with an error that isn't listed at the Powerquest site. So now I am
> trying PC inspecotr. It has 508 minutes to go. Hopefully when I wake up
> this software will not have crashed and have a decent option for
> recovering the data.

Anonymous
July 20, 2005 12:36:26 PM

<phillip_putzback@insightbb.com> wrote in message
>I bought a 400 gig drive to move all my video data onto and in the
> process of repartitioning the few 80 gig drives in my external firewire
> enclosure I deleted the partition on my 400 gig drive with all my
> video. You can't delete a file in XP without it prompting you, then it
> goes to your trash bin, then it prompts you before emptying the trah
> bin. But delteing a partition is a simple right click and no mesagebox
> to confirm.
>
> Anyways I know I messed up but what is the easiest way to recover the
> volume/partition. I tried partition magic but it crashed halfway thru
> with an error that isn't listed at the Powerquest site. So now I am
> trying PC inspecotr. It has 508 minutes to go. Hopefully when I wake up
> this software will not have crashed and have a decent option for
> recovering the data.

You could try Bootit NG. It's demo is fully functional for 30 days.

http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/bootitng.html
Anonymous
July 21, 2005 2:56:57 AM

Hi,

Mbrwork may be able to retrieve the deleted partition.

Mbrwork
http://members.shaw.ca/Leesplace/mbrwork.htm

For Support: BootIt NG Newsgroup
http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/oehelp.html

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

phillip wrote:
> I bought a 400 gig drive to move all my video data onto
> and in the process of repartitioning the few 80 gig
> drives in my external firewire enclosure I deleted the
> partition on my 400 gig drive with all my video. You
> can't delete a file in XP without it prompting you, then
> it goes to your trash bin, then it prompts you before
> emptying the trah bin. But delteing a partition is a
> simple right click and no mesagebox to confirm.
>
> Anyways I know I messed up but what is the easiest way to
> recover the volume/partition. I tried partition magic but
> it crashed halfway thru with an error that isn't listed
> at the Powerquest site. So now I am trying PC inspecotr.
> It has 508 minutes to go. Hopefully when I wake up this
> software will not have crashed and have a decent option
> for recovering the data.
Anonymous
July 21, 2005 11:34:44 AM

Thanks for all the info. I tried several. One ran over night and one
tried to restore the files by saving them to othe rdrives. Now how am I
supposed to get 370 gig save to two 80 gig drives. I got the ACronis
suite for 50 bucks and it restored my partition in about 30 minutes.
Now I am backing my data up to DVDs.

Thanks for all the leads.
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 11:46:02 PM

I suggest you use Partition Table Doctor to resolve your
problem.The software provides very useful functions:
Backup partition table, Restore partition table, Rebuild
partition table, undelete partition, Fix boot sector,
rebuild mbr,etc.

First thing I recommend you download the demo version of
Partition Table Doctor.( http://www.ptdd.com/download.htm )

Run the program and select "Rebuild Partition Table",
then choose "Interactive" mode.

See more: http://www.ptdd.com/recoverylostpartition.htm
http://www.ptdd.com/recoverdeletedpartition.htm
http://www.ptdd.com/partition-recovery.htm