I accidently deleted a partition

I bought a 400 gig drive to move all my video data onto and in the
process of repartitioning the few 80 gig drives in my external firewire
enclosure I deleted the partition on my 400 gig drive with all my
video. You can't delete a file in XP without it prompting you, then it
goes to your trash bin, then it prompts you before emptying the trah
bin. But delteing a partition is a simple right click and no mesagebox
to confirm.

Anyways I know I messed up but what is the easiest way to recover the
volume/partition. I tried partition magic but it crashed halfway thru
with an error that isn't listed at the Powerquest site. So now I am
trying PC inspecotr. It has 508 minutes to go. Hopefully when I wake up
this software will not have crashed and have a decent option for
recovering the data.
9 answers Last reply
More about accidently deleted partition

    www.ontrack.com will recover your data for a fee.

    <phillip_putzback@insightbb.com> wrote in message
    >I bought a 400 gig drive to move all my video data onto and in the
    > process of repartitioning the few 80 gig drives in my external firewire
    > enclosure I deleted the partition on my 400 gig drive with all my
    > video. You can't delete a file in XP without it prompting you, then it
    > goes to your trash bin, then it prompts you before emptying the trah
    > bin. But delteing a partition is a simple right click and no mesagebox
    > to confirm.
    >
    > Anyways I know I messed up but what is the easiest way to recover the
    > volume/partition. I tried partition magic but it crashed halfway thru
    > with an error that isn't listed at the Powerquest site. So now I am
    > trying PC inspecotr. It has 508 minutes to go. Hopefully when I wake up
    > this software will not have crashed and have a decent option for
    > recovering the data.

    you can also try r-studio. i once deleted a 40GB partition of mp3's and
    with this program i got back around 95% of all my files. i think there
    is a fee for this program as well.

    This may be of help http://www.dfsee.com/dfsee.htm

    Phillip;
    If that fails, something here may help:
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/datrec.htm

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

    <phillip_putzback@insightbb.com> wrote in message
    >I bought a 400 gig drive to move all my video data onto and in the
    > process of repartitioning the few 80 gig drives in my external firewire
    > enclosure I deleted the partition on my 400 gig drive with all my
    > video. You can't delete a file in XP without it prompting you, then it
    > goes to your trash bin, then it prompts you before emptying the trah
    > bin. But delteing a partition is a simple right click and no mesagebox
    > to confirm.
    >
    > Anyways I know I messed up but what is the easiest way to recover the
    > volume/partition. I tried partition magic but it crashed halfway thru
    > with an error that isn't listed at the Powerquest site. So now I am
    > trying PC inspecotr. It has 508 minutes to go. Hopefully when I wake up
    > this software will not have crashed and have a decent option for
    > recovering the data.

    If none of the posts does it for you, you might consider purchasing ARD
    Commander.
    Bill F

    "phillip_putzback@insightbb.com" wrote:

    > I bought a 400 gig drive to move all my video data onto and in the
    > process of repartitioning the few 80 gig drives in my external firewire
    > enclosure I deleted the partition on my 400 gig drive with all my
    > video. You can't delete a file in XP without it prompting you, then it
    > goes to your trash bin, then it prompts you before emptying the trah
    > bin. But delteing a partition is a simple right click and no mesagebox
    > to confirm.
    >
    > Anyways I know I messed up but what is the easiest way to recover the
    > volume/partition. I tried partition magic but it crashed halfway thru
    > with an error that isn't listed at the Powerquest site. So now I am
    > trying PC inspecotr. It has 508 minutes to go. Hopefully when I wake up
    > this software will not have crashed and have a decent option for
    > recovering the data.

    <phillip_putzback@insightbb.com> wrote in message
    >I bought a 400 gig drive to move all my video data onto and in the
    > process of repartitioning the few 80 gig drives in my external firewire
    > enclosure I deleted the partition on my 400 gig drive with all my
    > video. You can't delete a file in XP without it prompting you, then it
    > goes to your trash bin, then it prompts you before emptying the trah
    > bin. But delteing a partition is a simple right click and no mesagebox
    > to confirm.
    >
    > Anyways I know I messed up but what is the easiest way to recover the
    > volume/partition. I tried partition magic but it crashed halfway thru
    > with an error that isn't listed at the Powerquest site. So now I am
    > trying PC inspecotr. It has 508 minutes to go. Hopefully when I wake up
    > this software will not have crashed and have a decent option for
    > recovering the data.

    You could try Bootit NG. It's demo is fully functional for 30 days.

    http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/bootitng.html

    Hi,

    Mbrwork may be able to retrieve the deleted partition.

    Mbrwork
    http://members.shaw.ca/Leesplace/mbrwork.htm

    For Support: BootIt NG Newsgroup
    http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/oehelp.html

    --
    Regards,
    Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

    phillip wrote:
    > I bought a 400 gig drive to move all my video data onto
    > and in the process of repartitioning the few 80 gig
    > drives in my external firewire enclosure I deleted the
    > partition on my 400 gig drive with all my video. You
    > can't delete a file in XP without it prompting you, then
    > it goes to your trash bin, then it prompts you before
    > emptying the trah bin. But delteing a partition is a
    > simple right click and no mesagebox to confirm.
    >
    > Anyways I know I messed up but what is the easiest way to
    > recover the volume/partition. I tried partition magic but
    > it crashed halfway thru with an error that isn't listed
    > at the Powerquest site. So now I am trying PC inspecotr.
    > It has 508 minutes to go. Hopefully when I wake up this
    > software will not have crashed and have a decent option
    > for recovering the data.

    Thanks for all the info. I tried several. One ran over night and one
    tried to restore the files by saving them to othe rdrives. Now how am I
    supposed to get 370 gig save to two 80 gig drives. I got the ACronis
    suite for 50 bucks and it restored my partition in about 30 minutes.
    Now I am backing my data up to DVDs.

    Thanks for all the leads.

    I suggest you use Partition Table Doctor to resolve your
    problem.The software provides very useful functions:
    Backup partition table, Restore partition table, Rebuild
    partition table, undelete partition, Fix boot sector,
    rebuild mbr,etc.

    First thing I recommend you download the demo version of
    Partition Table Doctor.( http://www.ptdd.com/download.htm )

    Run the program and select "Rebuild Partition Table",
    then choose "Interactive" mode.

    See more: http://www.ptdd.com/recoverylostpartition.htm
    http://www.ptdd.com/recoverdeletedpartition.htm
    http://www.ptdd.com/partition-recovery.htm
    http://www.ptdd.com

    "phillip_putzback@insightbb.com" wrote:

    > I bought a 400 gig drive to move all my video data onto and in the
    > process of repartitioning the few 80 gig drives in my external firewire
    > enclosure I deleted the partition on my 400 gig drive with all my
    > video. You can't delete a file in XP without it prompting you, then it
    > goes to your trash bin, then it prompts you before emptying the trah
    > bin. But delteing a partition is a simple right click and no mesagebox
    > to confirm.
    >
    > Anyways I know I messed up but what is the easiest way to recover the
    > volume/partition. I tried partition magic but it crashed halfway thru
    > with an error that isn't listed at the Powerquest site. So now I am
    > trying PC inspecotr. It has 508 minutes to go. Hopefully when I wake up
    > this software will not have crashed and have a decent option for
    > recovering the data.

Partition Windows XP