Install Windows XP Pro

Hi
Need some input. I was trying to do XP Pro install CD boot up. (Machine is
messed up bad hijacked/spyware/no connection etc). Anyhow on the (Accept
license agreement) it said to press F8 (to accept)= I agree...Absolutely
nothing happens!! Any ideas on how to proceed? or is it something to do with
the key board?..
No way I know of to get logged on to the computer in the normal fashion. It
boots up user log on then blank user back ground.
Thanks Ronni
4 answers Last reply
More about install windows

    if it is a newer keyboard you may need to press the F lock key, if not I
    would suggest another keyboard
    --
    there are no problems just challenges

    "Ronni52565" wrote:

    > Hi
    > Need some input. I was trying to do XP Pro install CD boot up. (Machine is
    > messed up bad hijacked/spyware/no connection etc). Anyhow on the (Accept
    > license agreement) it said to press F8 (to accept)= I agree...Absolutely
    > nothing happens!! Any ideas on how to proceed? or is it something to do with
    > the key board?..
    > No way I know of to get logged on to the computer in the normal fashion. It
    > boots up user log on then blank user back ground.
    > Thanks Ronni

    Hi,

    If it's a USB keyboard, make sure that USB support is enabled in the BIOS or
    the machine won't be able to interpret and respond to keyboard commands. As
    mentioned by another, ensure the F-lock is on if this is a newer board.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Ronni52565" <Ronni52565@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi
    > Need some input. I was trying to do XP Pro install CD boot up. (Machine is
    > messed up bad hijacked/spyware/no connection etc). Anyhow on the (Accept
    > license agreement) it said to press F8 (to accept)= I agree...Absolutely
    > nothing happens!! Any ideas on how to proceed? or is it something to do
    > with
    > the key board?..
    > No way I know of to get logged on to the computer in the normal fashion.
    > It
    > boots up user log on then blank user back ground.
    > Thanks Ronni

    Thank Ya!! Will give it a try :-)

    "steve.a" wrote:

    > if it is a newer keyboard you may need to press the F lock key, if not I
    > would suggest another keyboard
    > --
    > there are no problems just challenges
    >

    > "Ronni52565" wrote:
    >
    > > Hi
    > > Need some input. I was trying to do XP Pro install CD boot up. (Machine is
    > > messed up bad hijacked/spyware/no connection etc). Anyhow on the (Accept
    > > license agreement) it said to press F8 (to accept)= I agree...Absolutely
    > > nothing happens!! Any ideas on how to proceed? or is it something to do with
    > > the key board?..
    > > No way I know of to get logged on to the computer in the normal fashion. It
    > > boots up user log on then blank user back ground.
    > > Thanks Ronni

    Thank Ya1 Will give it a try :-)

    "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > If it's a USB keyboard, make sure that USB support is enabled in the BIOS or
    > the machine won't be able to interpret and respond to keyboard commands. As
    > mentioned by another, ensure the F-lock is on if this is a newer board.
    >
    > --
    > Best of Luck,

    > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    > Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
    >
    > "Ronni52565" <Ronni52565@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi
    > > Need some input. I was trying to do XP Pro install CD boot up. (Machine is
    > > messed up bad hijacked/spyware/no connection etc). Anyhow on the (Accept
    > > license agreement) it said to press F8 (to accept)= I agree...Absolutely
    > > nothing happens!! Any ideas on how to proceed? or is it something to do
    > > with
    > > the key board?..
    > > No way I know of to get logged on to the computer in the normal fashion.
    > > It
    > > boots up user log on then blank user back ground.
    > > Thanks Ronni

Windows XP