Install Windows XP Pro

July 20, 2005 4:50:01 AM

Hi
Need some input. I was trying to do XP Pro install CD boot up. (Machine is
messed up bad hijacked/spyware/no connection etc). Anyhow on the (Accept
license agreement) it said to press F8 (to accept)= I agree...Absolutely
nothing happens!! Any ideas on how to proceed? or is it something to do with
the key board?..
No way I know of to get logged on to the computer in the normal fashion. It
boots up user log on then blank user back ground.
Thanks Ronni

More about : install windows pro

Anonymous
July 20, 2005 5:15:03 AM

if it is a newer keyboard you may need to press the F lock key, if not I
would suggest another keyboard
--
there are no problems just challenges

"Ronni52565" wrote:

> Hi
> Need some input. I was trying to do XP Pro install CD boot up. (Machine is
> messed up bad hijacked/spyware/no connection etc). Anyhow on the (Accept
> license agreement) it said to press F8 (to accept)= I agree...Absolutely
> nothing happens!! Any ideas on how to proceed? or is it something to do with
> the key board?..
> No way I know of to get logged on to the computer in the normal fashion. It
> boots up user log on then blank user back ground.
> Thanks Ronni
Anonymous
July 20, 2005 10:41:01 AM

Hi,

If it's a USB keyboard, make sure that USB support is enabled in the BIOS or
the machine won't be able to interpret and respond to keyboard commands. As
mentioned by another, ensure the F-lock is on if this is a newer board.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Ronni52565" <Ronni52565@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> Need some input. I was trying to do XP Pro install CD boot up. (Machine is
> messed up bad hijacked/spyware/no connection etc). Anyhow on the (Accept
> license agreement) it said to press F8 (to accept)= I agree...Absolutely
> nothing happens!! Any ideas on how to proceed? or is it something to do
> with
> the key board?..
> No way I know of to get logged on to the computer in the normal fashion.
> It
> boots up user log on then blank user back ground.
> Thanks Ronni
July 20, 2005 7:27:04 PM

Thank Ya!! Will give it a try :-)

"steve.a" wrote:

> if it is a newer keyboard you may need to press the F lock key, if not I
> would suggest another keyboard
> --
> there are no problems just challenges
>

> "Ronni52565" wrote:
>
> > Hi
> > Need some input. I was trying to do XP Pro install CD boot up. (Machine is
> > messed up bad hijacked/spyware/no connection etc). Anyhow on the (Accept
> > license agreement) it said to press F8 (to accept)= I agree...Absolutely
> > nothing happens!! Any ideas on how to proceed? or is it something to do with
> > the key board?..
> > No way I know of to get logged on to the computer in the normal fashion. It
> > boots up user log on then blank user back ground.
> > Thanks Ronni
Anonymous
July 20, 2005 7:27:05 PM

Thank Ya1 Will give it a try :-)