How to delete items in the Explorer Bar/Picture Tasks

Hi guys!

I have two questions on how to delete items in the Explorer Bar/Picture
Tasks
I would like to delete the two items:
Get picture from camera or scanner
Order prints online
Could someone tell me the location of the key in the registry, I
don't want to install any soft that, will solve this problem and
create a new one.
Problem 2:
The view preference "thumbnails" in my picture folder is never
saved! Each time I open the folder I have to set it on again! The
problem is that my pict folder is not in the System disk.

Nobody can help?

Paolo Perani

You can use Group Policy.

Administrative Templates\System\Internet Communication Management\Internet
Communication settings\Turn off the Order Prints picture task

[[If you enable this setting, the task Order Prints Online is removed from
Picture Tasks in Windows Explorer folders.]]

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
NoOnlinePrintsWizard

Turn off the Order Prints picture task
http://www.boyce.us/gp/gpcontent.asp?ID=119

To remove the Get picture from camera or scanner. Disable the Windows Image
Acquisition (WIA) service. If you plug your scanner in and have WIA service
running you will see Get picture from camera or scanner. If you leave
scanner plugged in and disable WIA you don't see Get picture from camera or
scanner. I do not have a camera, so I know nothing about that. I do not
know of any other way to get rid of it.

----

XP forgets your folder view settings
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/folderviews.htm

Your view settings or customizations for a folder are lost or incorrect
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=813711

Folder Views - Keep Settings
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_f.htm

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:1121850983.988066.92080@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com,
bibinix@gmx.net <bibinix@gmx.net> hunted and pecked:
> Hi guys!
>
> I have two questions on how to delete items in the Explorer Bar/Picture
> Tasks
> I would like to delete the two items:
> Get picture from camera or scanner
> Order prints online
> Could someone tell me the location of the key in the registry, I
> don't want to install any soft that, will solve this problem and
> create a new one.
> Problem 2:
> The view preference "thumbnails" in my picture folder is never
> saved! Each time I open the folder I have to set it on again! The
> problem is that my pict folder is not in the System disk.
>
> Nobody can help?
>
> Paolo Perani

Thanks for the hints, the only problrm is that I don't have SP2
installed yet and since everithing is for the moment OK I dont want to
install it ....but sooner or later I will have to do this...

Paolo

Alias

<bibinix@gmx.net> wrote

> Thanks for the hints, the only problrm is that I don't have SP2
> installed yet and since everithing is for the moment OK I dont want to
> install it ....but sooner or later I will have to do this...
>
> Paolo

Sooner would be better than later. Then you'll be ready for SP3 HAHAHAHAHA!

--
Alias