How to delete items in the Explorer Bar/Picture Tasks

Hi guys!

I have two questions on how to delete items in the Explorer Bar/Picture
Tasks
I would like to delete the two items:
Get picture from camera or scanner
Order prints online
Could someone tell me the location of the key in the registry, I
don't want to install any soft that, will solve this problem and
create a new one.
Problem 2:
The view preference "thumbnails" in my picture folder is never
saved! Each time I open the folder I have to set it on again! The
problem is that my pict folder is not in the System disk.

Nobody can help?

Paolo Perani
3 answers Last reply
More about delete items explorer picture tasks

    You can use Group Policy.

    Administrative Templates\System\Internet Communication Management\Internet
    Communication settings\Turn off the Order Prints picture task

    [[If you enable this setting, the task Order Prints Online is removed from
    Picture Tasks in Windows Explorer folders.]]

    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
    NoOnlinePrintsWizard

    Turn off the Order Prints picture task
    http://www.boyce.us/gp/gpcontent.asp?ID=119

    To remove the Get picture from camera or scanner. Disable the Windows Image
    Acquisition (WIA) service. If you plug your scanner in and have WIA service
    running you will see Get picture from camera or scanner. If you leave
    scanner plugged in and disable WIA you don't see Get picture from camera or
    scanner. I do not have a camera, so I know nothing about that. I do not
    know of any other way to get rid of it.

    ----

    XP forgets your folder view settings
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/folderviews.htm

    Your view settings or customizations for a folder are lost or incorrect
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=813711

    Folder Views - Keep Settings
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_f.htm

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:1121850983.988066.92080@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com,
    bibinix@gmx.net <bibinix@gmx.net> hunted and pecked:
    > Hi guys!
    >
    > I have two questions on how to delete items in the Explorer Bar/Picture
    > Tasks
    > I would like to delete the two items:
    > Get picture from camera or scanner
    > Order prints online
    > Could someone tell me the location of the key in the registry, I
    > don't want to install any soft that, will solve this problem and
    > create a new one.
    > Problem 2:
    > The view preference "thumbnails" in my picture folder is never
    > saved! Each time I open the folder I have to set it on again! The
    > problem is that my pict folder is not in the System disk.
    >
    > Nobody can help?
    >
    > Paolo Perani

    Thanks for the hints, the only problrm is that I don't have SP2
    installed yet and since everithing is for the moment OK I dont want to
    install it ....but sooner or later I will have to do this...

    Paolo

    <bibinix@gmx.net> wrote

    > Thanks for the hints, the only problrm is that I don't have SP2
    > installed yet and since everithing is for the moment OK I dont want to
    > install it ....but sooner or later I will have to do this...
    >
    > Paolo

    Sooner would be better than later. Then you'll be ready for SP3 HAHAHAHAHA!

    --
    Alias

Explorer Windows XP