How do I remove a service?

I have just installed, & uninstalled a game because my Graphics card isn't up
to it!

During the installation a service was installed, which wasn't uninstalled
with the game, I know I can just disable the service, but I'd like to
uninstall it completely, any help would be appreciated!

TIA

Jon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2003

Delete the relevant subkey under

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services

[Right-click > Export it first in case of errors / problems]

Reboot

Jon

"Mark James" <MarkJames@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have just installed, & uninstalled a game because my Graphics card isn't
>up
> to it!
>
> During the installation a service was installed, which wasn't uninstalled
> with the game, I know I can just disable the service, but I'd like to
> uninstall it completely, any help would be appreciated!
>
> TIA

General information on removing an unwanted / Malware service:

Use the "SC DELETE <...>" Command-line, or follow the instructions to remove
a Service / driver from the registry directly.

The Service and driver entries are present under this registry key:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services]

Each sub-key represents a driver or a Service. To modify/delete a 3rd party
service, click Start, Run and type REGEDIT to open the Registry Editor and
navigate to the above location.You should be able to identify them easily by
reading the "DisplayName" and "ImagePath" fields in the right-pane in the
Registry Editor.

Note: Before modifying / removing a Service, create a System Restore point
or a complete Registry backup, just in case something happens.

[ERUNT] Registry Backup and Restore for Windows

[ERUNT Download URLs]
http://www.aumha.org/downloads/erunt.zip
http://www.aumha.org/downloads/erunt-setup.exe

[Installing & Using ERUNT]