Always starts as administrator

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I'm sure it's something I overlooked, BUT,,

Whenever the PC starts or restarts, it comes on logged in as administrator,
no passwords needed. Once I log off Admin, then the login screen comes on to
log on properly. ???

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:3083BEA2-E91D-4A42-BF1F-B5FAF2D24A49@microsoft.com,
BOB <BOB@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> I'm sure it's something I overlooked, BUT,,
>
> Whenever the PC starts or restarts, it comes on logged in as
> administrator, no passwords needed. Once I log off Admin, then the
> login screen comes on to log on properly. ???

Start > run > type "control userpasswords2" without the quotes > hit enter >
tick the box to require users to use a username and password to logon.

Galen

without them."

Sherlock Holmes