Sign in with
Your question

Please help !

Last response: in Tom's Guide
January 21, 2012 8:07:43 PM

Hello,
i have a alienware m17x and i really need to know whats wrong with it, when i boot it up there is no screen and the caps lock and scroll lock led's are solid on and the number lock is flashing, i have searched the dell site and found nothing that explains what this is, does anybody know what this flashing code means ??? please help me i have replaced the lcd flex cable and this has not solved the problem i dont want to waste anymore money with this laptop

Thanks

More about : question

January 24, 2012 8:07:58 AM

the lights like num lock flashing ect, is a code call dell and see what the code means. I'm sure they'll tell you what the code means for free.

I have an M17x R1 and one day mine wouldnt boot and all that came on was the blinking caps lock light I found out it was bad ram, got new ram and it fixed my problem.

You could try to look online but I'd imagine you might have a hard time finding your exact combo of lights.

edit: I looked it up and it looks like your video card is toast. Sorry

http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/supp...
January 24, 2012 6:18:01 PM

If it's the video card, that model has a replaceable card, you can probably get a new one off ebay. Long as it's not the motherboard at fault you should be up and running with a replacement video card.
!