Outlook Express Links

Hi, having trouble with OE (and Thunderbird), any links (URLs) people send me
will not open unless I copy and paste them to my browser, any ideas as is
becoming very annoying.
12 answers Last reply
More about outlook express links

    Hi

    Try this:

    With OE closed, run the following command from Start>Run:

    regsvr32 urlmon.dll

    Then try the links again.

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    "Gateway26" <Gateway26@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi, having trouble with OE (and Thunderbird), any links (URLs) people send
    > me
    > will not open unless I copy and paste them to my browser, any ideas as is
    > becoming very annoying.

    Eternally grateful, worked a treat!

    Thanks

    "Will Denny" wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > Try this:
    >
    > With OE closed, run the following command from Start>Run:
    >
    > regsvr32 urlmon.dll
    >
    > Then try the links again.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Will Denny
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    > Please reply to the News Groups
    >

    > "Gateway26" <Gateway26@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi, having trouble with OE (and Thunderbird), any links (URLs) people send
    > > me
    > > will not open unless I copy and paste them to my browser, any ideas as is
    > > becoming very annoying.

    Hi
    I'm having the EXACT same prob, except that I cant even copy and paste the
    link because it wont allow me copy the link.. So I tried the solution sent to
    you, and it didnt work for me.. If I hit on anything else Ill let you know.

    "Will Denny" wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > Try this:
    >
    > With OE closed, run the following command from Start>Run:
    >
    > regsvr32 urlmon.dll
    >
    > Then try the links again.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Will Denny
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    > Please reply to the News Groups
    >

    > "Gateway26" <Gateway26@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi, having trouble with OE (and Thunderbird), any links (URLs) people send
    > > me
    > > will not open unless I copy and paste them to my browser, any ideas as is
    > > becoming very annoying.

    You're welcome.

    --

    > Eternally grateful, worked a treat!
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > "Will Denny" wrote:
    >
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> Try this:
    >>
    >> With OE closed, run the following command from Start>Run:
    >>
    >> regsvr32 urlmon.dll
    >>
    >> Then try the links again.
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Will Denny
    >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >> Please reply to the News Groups
    >>

    >> "Gateway26" <Gateway26@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > Hi, having trouble with OE (and Thunderbird), any links (URLs) people
    >> > send
    >> > me
    >> > will not open unless I copy and paste them to my browser, any ideas as
    >> > is
    >> > becoming very annoying.

    Hi

    Try typing each of the following from Start>Run

    regsvr32 actxprxy.dll
    regsvr32 shdocvw.dll

    --

    "Litecar2" <Litecar2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi
    > I'm having the EXACT same prob, except that I cant even copy and paste the
    > link because it wont allow me copy the link.. So I tried the solution sent
    > you, and it didnt work for me.. If I hit on anything else Ill let you
    > know.
    >
    > "Will Denny" wrote:
    >
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> Try this:
    >>
    >> With OE closed, run the following command from Start>Run:
    >>
    >> regsvr32 urlmon.dll
    >>
    >> Then try the links again.
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Will Denny
    >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >> Please reply to the News Groups
    >>

    >> "Gateway26" <Gateway26@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > Hi, having trouble with OE (and Thunderbird), any links (URLs) people
    >> > send
    >> > me
    >> > will not open unless I copy and paste them to my browser, any ideas as
    >> > is
    >> > becoming very annoying.

    I tried those and no go again. If I go to my IP's site and check it there,
    the links work fine.
    --
    Litecar2- Panama City Bch., FL
    Intel Celeron 786 MhZ/ 384mb RAM

    "Will Denny" wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > Try typing each of the following from Start>Run
    >
    > regsvr32 actxprxy.dll
    > regsvr32 shdocvw.dll
    >
    > --
    >
    > Will Denny
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    > Please reply to the News Groups
    >

    > "Litecar2" <Litecar2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi
    > > I'm having the EXACT same prob, except that I cant even copy and paste the
    > > link because it wont allow me copy the link.. So I tried the solution sent
    > > you, and it didnt work for me.. If I hit on anything else Ill let you
    > > know.
    > >
    > > "Will Denny" wrote:
    > >
    > >> Hi
    > >>
    > >> Try this:
    > >>
    > >> With OE closed, run the following command from Start>Run:
    > >>
    > >> regsvr32 urlmon.dll
    > >>
    > >> Then try the links again.
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >>
    > >> Will Denny
    > >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    > >> Please reply to the News Groups
    > >>

    > >> "Gateway26" <Gateway26@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    Hi

    If none of the following work, you'll perhaps have to try the Outlook
    Express News
    Group:

    regsvr32 mshtml.dll
    regsvr32 oleaut32.dll
    regsvr32 shell32.dll

    --

    "Litecar2" <Litecar2@hotmail.com.(donotspam).> wrote in message
    >I tried those and no go again. If I go to my IP's site and check it there,
    > the links work fine.
    > --
    > Litecar2- Panama City Bch., FL
    > Intel Celeron 786 MhZ/ 384mb RAM
    > Windows XP Home sp2/ Internet Explorer 6.0 sp2 / Broadband 750 mbps +
    >

    > "Will Denny" wrote:
    >
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> Try typing each of the following from Start>Run
    >>
    >> regsvr32 actxprxy.dll
    >> regsvr32 shdocvw.dll
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Will Denny
    >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >> Please reply to the News Groups
    >>

    >> "Litecar2" <Litecar2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > Hi
    >> > I'm having the EXACT same prob, except that I cant even copy and paste
    >> > the
    >> > link because it wont allow me copy the link.. So I tried the solution
    >> > sent
    >> > you, and it didnt work for me.. If I hit on anything else Ill let you
    >> > know.

    Well, thx for the help on your part (even though I just piggybacked this
    thread), but Ive still no luck.2 days ago, I was updating alot of drivers and
    stuff, and since then Ive been having lil glitches.(My mouse has its own
    will, the pointers wants to go to the bottom right ([start]), so it may have
    been something I did screwing around (but thats how ive learned alot)Might
    just back up Addy book and Uninstall and Reinstall Outlook. Thx
    --

    "Will Denny" wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > If none of the following work, you'll perhaps have to try the Outlook
    > Express News
    > Group:
    >
    > regsvr32 mshtml.dll
    > regsvr32 oleaut32.dll
    > regsvr32 shell32.dll
    >
    > --
    >
    > Will Denny
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    > Please reply to the News Groups
    >

    > "Litecar2" <Litecar2@hotmail.com.(donotspam).> wrote in message
    > >I tried those and no go again. If I go to my IP's site and check it there,
    > > the links work fine.
    > > --
    > > Litecar2- Panama City Bch., FL
    > > Intel Celeron 786 MhZ/ 384mb RAM
    > > Windows XP Home sp2/ Internet Explorer 6.0 sp2 / Broadband 750 mbps +
    > >

    > > "Will Denny" wrote:
    > >
    > >> Hi
    > >>
    > >> Try typing each of the following from Start>Run
    > >>
    > >> regsvr32 actxprxy.dll
    > >> regsvr32 shdocvw.dll
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >>
    > >> Will Denny
    > >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    > >> Please reply to the News Groups
    > >>

    > >> "Litecar2" <Litecar2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    The problem is solved..I started a post ( # above this one on the page)
    titled "Outlook Express" The first solution on the post from Bruce Hagan
    fixed me up (at least THAT problem is)..

    "Litecar2" wrote:

    > The problem is solved..I started a post ( # above this one on the page)
    > titled "Outlook Express" The first solution on the post from Bruce Hagan
    > fixed me up (at least THAT problem is)..
    >
    > "Litecar2" wrote:
    >
    > > Well, thx for the help on your part (even though I just piggybacked this
    > > thread), but Ive still no luck.2 days ago, I was updating alot of drivers and
    > > stuff, and since then Ive been having lil glitches.(My mouse has its own
    > > will, the pointers wants to go to the bottom right ([start]), so it may have
    > > been something I did screwing around (but thats how ive learned alot)Might
    > > just back up Addy book and Uninstall and Reinstall Outlook. Thx
    > > --
    > > Litecar2- Panama City Bch., FL
    > > Intel Celeron 786 MhZ/ 384mb RAM
    > > Windows XP Home sp2/ Internet Explorer 6.0 sp2 / Broadband 750 mbps +
    > >

    > > "Will Denny" wrote:
    > >
    > > > Hi
    > > >
    > > > If none of the following work, you'll perhaps have to try the Outlook
    > > > Express News
    > > > Group:
    > > >
    > > > regsvr32 mshtml.dll
    > > > regsvr32 oleaut32.dll
    > > > regsvr32 shell32.dll
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > >
    > > > Will Denny
    > > > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    > > > Please reply to the News Groups
    > > >

    > > > "Litecar2" <Litecar2@hotmail.com.(donotspam).> wrote in message

    Hi

    A System Restore may help - depending on why the links have been lost.

    --

    > Well, thx for the help on your part (even though I just piggybacked this
    > thread), but Ive still no luck.2 days ago, I was updating alot of drivers
    > and
    > stuff, and since then Ive been having lil glitches.(My mouse has its own
    > will, the pointers wants to go to the bottom right ([start]), so it may
    > have
    > been something I did screwing around (but thats how ive learned alot)Might
    > just back up Addy book and Uninstall and Reinstall Outlook. Thx
    > --
    > Litecar2- Panama City Bch., FL
    > Intel Celeron 786 MhZ/ 384mb RAM
    > Windows XP Home sp2/ Internet Explorer 6.0 sp2 / Broadband 750 mbps +
    >

    > "Will Denny" wrote:
    >
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> If none of the following work, you'll perhaps have to try the Outlook
    >> Express News
    >> Group:
    >>
    >> regsvr32 mshtml.dll
    >> regsvr32 oleaut32.dll
    >> regsvr32 shell32.dll
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Will Denny
    >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >> Please reply to the News Groups
    >>

    >> "Litecar2" <Litecar2@hotmail.com.(donotspam).> wrote in message
    >> >I tried those and no go again. If I go to my IP's site and check it
    >> >there,
    >> > the links work fine.
    >> > --
    >> > Litecar2- Panama City Bch., FL
    >> > Intel Celeron 786 MhZ/ 384mb RAM
    >> > Windows XP Home sp2/ Internet Explorer 6.0 sp2 / Broadband 750 mbps +

    I've just seen the other postings - hopefully all will be OK.

    --

    > The problem is solved..I started a post ( # above this one on the page)
    > titled "Outlook Express" The first solution on the post from Bruce Hagan
    > fixed me up (at least THAT problem is)..
    >
    > "Litecar2" wrote:
    >
    >> Well, thx for the help on your part (even though I just piggybacked this
    >> thread), but Ive still no luck.2 days ago, I was updating alot of drivers
    >> and
    >> stuff, and since then Ive been having lil glitches.(My mouse has its own
    >> will, the pointers wants to go to the bottom right ([start]), so it may
    >> have
    >> been something I did screwing around (but thats how ive learned
    >> alot)Might
    >> just back up Addy book and Uninstall and Reinstall Outlook. Thx
    >> --
    >> Litecar2- Panama City Bch., FL
    >> Intel Celeron 786 MhZ/ 384mb RAM
    >> Windows XP Home sp2/ Internet Explorer 6.0 sp2 / Broadband 750 mbps +
    >>

    >> "Will Denny" wrote:
    >>
    >> > Hi
    >> >
    >> > If none of the following work, you'll perhaps have to try the Outlook
    >> > Express News
    >> > Group:
    >> >
    >> > regsvr32 mshtml.dll
    >> > regsvr32 oleaut32.dll
    >> > regsvr32 shell32.dll
    >> >
    >> > --
    >> >
    >> > Will Denny
    >> > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >> > Please reply to the News Groups
    >> >

    >> > "Litecar2" <Litecar2@hotmail.com.(donotspam).> wrote in message

Outlook Express Thunderbird Microsoft Windows XP