  • Thunderbird
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
July 20, 2005 9:08:03 AM

Hi, having trouble with OE (and Thunderbird), any links (URLs) people send me
will not open unless I copy and paste them to my browser, any ideas as is
becoming very annoying.

More about : outlook express links

Anonymous
July 20, 2005 5:32:47 PM

Hi

Try this:

With OE closed, run the following command from Start>Run:

regsvr32 urlmon.dll

Then try the links again.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"Gateway26" <Gateway26@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, having trouble with OE (and Thunderbird), any links (URLs) people send
> me
> will not open unless I copy and paste them to my browser, any ideas as is
> becoming very annoying.
Anonymous
July 20, 2005 5:32:48 PM

Eternally grateful, worked a treat!

Thanks

"Will Denny" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Try this:
>
> With OE closed, run the following command from Start>Run:
>
> regsvr32 urlmon.dll
>
> Then try the links again.
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "Gateway26" <Gateway26@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi, having trouble with OE (and Thunderbird), any links (URLs) people send
> > me
> > will not open unless I copy and paste them to my browser, any ideas as is
> > becoming very annoying.

July 20, 2005 5:32:48 PM

Hi
I'm having the EXACT same prob, except that I cant even copy and paste the
link because it wont allow me copy the link.. So I tried the solution sent to
you, and it didnt work for me.. If I hit on anything else Ill let you know.

"Will Denny" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Try this:
>
> With OE closed, run the following command from Start>Run:
>
> regsvr32 urlmon.dll
>
> Then try the links again.
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "Gateway26" <Gateway26@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi, having trouble with OE (and Thunderbird), any links (URLs) people send
> > me
> > will not open unless I copy and paste them to my browser, any ideas as is
> > becoming very annoying.

Anonymous
July 20, 2005 5:54:54 PM

You're welcome.

--

> Eternally grateful, worked a treat!
>
> Thanks
>
> "Will Denny" wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Try this:
>>
>> With OE closed, run the following command from Start>Run:
>>
>> regsvr32 urlmon.dll
>>
>> Then try the links again.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Will Denny
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>> Please reply to the News Groups
>>

>> "Gateway26" <Gateway26@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi, having trouble with OE (and Thunderbird), any links (URLs) people
>> > send
>> > me
>> > will not open unless I copy and paste them to my browser, any ideas as
>> > is
>> > becoming very annoying.

Anonymous
July 20, 2005 5:56:01 PM

Hi

Try typing each of the following from Start>Run

regsvr32 actxprxy.dll
regsvr32 shdocvw.dll

--

"Litecar2" <Litecar2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> I'm having the EXACT same prob, except that I cant even copy and paste the
> link because it wont allow me copy the link.. So I tried the solution sent
> you, and it didnt work for me.. If I hit on anything else Ill let you
> know.
>
> "Will Denny" wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Try this:
>>
>> With OE closed, run the following command from Start>Run:
>>
>> regsvr32 urlmon.dll
>>
>> Then try the links again.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Will Denny
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>> Please reply to the News Groups
>>

>> "Gateway26" <Gateway26@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi, having trouble with OE (and Thunderbird), any links (URLs) people
>> > send
>> > me
>> > will not open unless I copy and paste them to my browser, any ideas as
>> > is
>> > becoming very annoying.

Anonymous
July 20, 2005 5:56:02 PM

I tried those and no go again. If I go to my IP's site and check it there,
the links work fine.
--
Litecar2- Panama City Bch., FL
Intel Celeron 786 MhZ/ 384mb RAM

"Will Denny" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Try typing each of the following from Start>Run
>
> regsvr32 actxprxy.dll
> regsvr32 shdocvw.dll
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "Litecar2" <Litecar2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi
> > I'm having the EXACT same prob, except that I cant even copy and paste the
> > link because it wont allow me copy the link.. So I tried the solution sent
> > you, and it didnt work for me.. If I hit on anything else Ill let you
> > know.
> >
> > "Will Denny" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> Try this:
> >>
> >> With OE closed, run the following command from Start>Run:
> >>
> >> regsvr32 urlmon.dll
> >>
> >> Then try the links again.
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> Will Denny
> >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> >> Please reply to the News Groups
> >>

> >> "Gateway26" <Gateway26@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
July 20, 2005 6:27:42 PM

Hi

If none of the following work, you'll perhaps have to try the Outlook
Express News
Group:

regsvr32 mshtml.dll
regsvr32 oleaut32.dll
regsvr32 shell32.dll

--

"Litecar2" <Litecar2@hotmail.com.(donotspam).> wrote in message
>I tried those and no go again. If I go to my IP's site and check it there,
> the links work fine.
> --
> Litecar2- Panama City Bch., FL
> Intel Celeron 786 MhZ/ 384mb RAM
> Windows XP Home sp2/ Internet Explorer 6.0 sp2 / Broadband 750 mbps +
>

> "Will Denny" wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Try typing each of the following from Start>Run
>>
>> regsvr32 actxprxy.dll
>> regsvr32 shdocvw.dll
>>
>> --
>>
>> Will Denny
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>> Please reply to the News Groups
>>

>> "Litecar2" <Litecar2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi
>> > I'm having the EXACT same prob, except that I cant even copy and paste
>> > the
>> > link because it wont allow me copy the link.. So I tried the solution
>> > sent
>> > you, and it didnt work for me.. If I hit on anything else Ill let you
>> > know.

Anonymous
July 20, 2005 6:27:43 PM

Well, thx for the help on your part (even though I just piggybacked this
thread), but Ive still no luck.2 days ago, I was updating alot of drivers and
stuff, and since then Ive been having lil glitches.(My mouse has its own
will, the pointers wants to go to the bottom right ([start]), so it may have
been something I did screwing around (but thats how ive learned alot)Might
just back up Addy book and Uninstall and Reinstall Outlook. Thx
--

"Will Denny" wrote:

> Hi
>
> If none of the following work, you'll perhaps have to try the Outlook
> Express News
> Group:
>
> regsvr32 mshtml.dll
> regsvr32 oleaut32.dll
> regsvr32 shell32.dll
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "Litecar2" <Litecar2@hotmail.com.(donotspam).> wrote in message
> >I tried those and no go again. If I go to my IP's site and check it there,
> > the links work fine.
> > --
> > Litecar2- Panama City Bch., FL
> > Intel Celeron 786 MhZ/ 384mb RAM
> > Windows XP Home sp2/ Internet Explorer 6.0 sp2 / Broadband 750 mbps +
> >

> > "Will Denny" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> Try typing each of the following from Start>Run
> >>
> >> regsvr32 actxprxy.dll
> >> regsvr32 shdocvw.dll
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> Will Denny
> >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> >> Please reply to the News Groups
> >>

> >> "Litecar2" <Litecar2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
July 20, 2005 6:27:44 PM

The problem is solved..I started a post ( # above this one on the page)
titled "Outlook Express" The first solution on the post from Bruce Hagan
fixed me up (at least THAT problem is)..

"Litecar2" wrote:

> Well, thx for the help on your part (even though I just piggybacked this
> thread), but Ive still no luck.2 days ago, I was updating alot of drivers and
> stuff, and since then Ive been having lil glitches.(My mouse has its own
> will, the pointers wants to go to the bottom right ([start]), so it may have
> been something I did screwing around (but thats how ive learned alot)Might
> just back up Addy book and Uninstall and Reinstall Outlook. Thx
> --
> Litecar2- Panama City Bch., FL
> Intel Celeron 786 MhZ/ 384mb RAM
> Windows XP Home sp2/ Internet Explorer 6.0 sp2 / Broadband 750 mbps +
>

> "Will Denny" wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > If none of the following work, you'll perhaps have to try the Outlook
> > Express News
> > Group:
> >
> > regsvr32 mshtml.dll
> > regsvr32 oleaut32.dll
> > regsvr32 shell32.dll
> >
> > --
> >
> > Will Denny
> > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> > Please reply to the News Groups
> >

> > "Litecar2" <Litecar2@hotmail.com.(donotspam).> wrote in message
> > >I tried those and no go again. If I go to my IP's site and check it there,
> > > the links work fine.
> > > --
> > > Litecar2- Panama City Bch., FL
> > > Intel Celeron 786 MhZ/ 384mb RAM
> > > Windows XP Home sp2/ Internet Explorer 6.0 sp2 / Broadband 750 mbps +

Anonymous
July 20, 2005 6:27:45 PM

"Litecar2" wrote:

> The problem is solved..I started a post ( # above this one on the page)
> titled "Outlook Express" The first solution on the post from Bruce Hagan
> fixed me up (at least THAT problem is)..
>
> "Litecar2" wrote:
>
> > Well, thx for the help on your part (even though I just piggybacked this
> > thread), but Ive still no luck.2 days ago, I was updating alot of drivers and
> > stuff, and since then Ive been having lil glitches.(My mouse has its own
> > will, the pointers wants to go to the bottom right ([start]), so it may have
> > been something I did screwing around (but thats how ive learned alot)Might
> > just back up Addy book and Uninstall and Reinstall Outlook. Thx
> > --
> > Litecar2- Panama City Bch., FL
> > Intel Celeron 786 MhZ/ 384mb RAM
> > Windows XP Home sp2/ Internet Explorer 6.0 sp2 / Broadband 750 mbps +
> >

> > "Will Denny" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > If none of the following work, you'll perhaps have to try the Outlook
> > > Express News
> > > Group:
> > >
> > > regsvr32 mshtml.dll
> > > regsvr32 oleaut32.dll
> > > regsvr32 shell32.dll
> > >
> > > --
> > >
> > > Will Denny
> > > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> > > Please reply to the News Groups
> > >

> > > "Litecar2" <Litecar2@hotmail.com.(donotspam).> wrote in message

Anonymous
July 20, 2005 8:15:34 PM

Hi

A System Restore may help - depending on why the links have been lost.

--

> Well, thx for the help on your part (even though I just piggybacked this
> thread), but Ive still no luck.2 days ago, I was updating alot of drivers
> and
> stuff, and since then Ive been having lil glitches.(My mouse has its own
> will, the pointers wants to go to the bottom right ([start]), so it may
> have
> been something I did screwing around (but thats how ive learned alot)Might
> just back up Addy book and Uninstall and Reinstall Outlook. Thx
> --
> Litecar2- Panama City Bch., FL
> Intel Celeron 786 MhZ/ 384mb RAM
> Windows XP Home sp2/ Internet Explorer 6.0 sp2 / Broadband 750 mbps +
>

> "Will Denny" wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> If none of the following work, you'll perhaps have to try the Outlook
>> Express News
>> Group:
>>
>> regsvr32 mshtml.dll
>> regsvr32 oleaut32.dll
>> regsvr32 shell32.dll
>>
>> --
>>
>> Will Denny
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>> Please reply to the News Groups
>>

>> "Litecar2" <Litecar2@hotmail.com.(donotspam).> wrote in message
>> >I tried those and no go again. If I go to my IP's site and check it
>> >there,
>> > the links work fine.
>> > --
>> > Litecar2- Panama City Bch., FL
>> > Intel Celeron 786 MhZ/ 384mb RAM
>> > Windows XP Home sp2/ Internet Explorer 6.0 sp2 / Broadband 750 mbps +

Anonymous
July 20, 2005 8:24:28 PM

I've just seen the other postings - hopefully all will be OK.