Can't install service pack 2

i can't install service pack 2. automatic updates says that it's downloaded
onto my computer and ready to install but i won't do anything. i tried to
update it on the windows site. didn't work. any ideas? oh yeah, i think i
downloaded SP2 this past winter but uninstalled some hotfixes 'cause i didn't
like what they did to my computer
2 answers Last reply
More about install service pack

    Chico wrote:

    > i can't install service pack 2. automatic updates says that it's
    > downloaded
    > onto my computer and ready to install but i won't do anything. i
    > tried to
    > update it on the windows site. didn't work. any ideas? oh yeah, i
    > think i downloaded SP2 this past winter but uninstalled some hotfixes
    > 'cause i didn't like what they did to my computer

    Unfortunately, you haven't provided enough information to get specific
    answers. Here are links to help you craft a good newsgroup post:

    http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    In the meantime, here are links to help you troubleshoot why you can't
    install SP2:

    SP2 Support Center -
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?&pr=windowsxpsp2

    Tech support page for SP2 -
    http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?&c1=509&gprid=6794&

    Troubleshooting SP2 for Windows XP
    http://www.michna.com/kb/WxSP2.htm and
    http://www.michna.com/kb/WxSP2.htm#General

    http://aumha.net - See SP2 forums
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_s.htm#sp2

    Visiting a Service Center to Get SP2 - http://tinyurl.com/53xz4

    Follow the Service Pack Installation Checklist -

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    In news:B26F7003-0567-4D5B-8C0D-3DD8146B1AC3@microsoft.com,
    Chico <Chico@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

    > i can't install service pack 2. automatic updates says that it's
    > downloaded onto my computer and ready to install but i won't do
    > anything. i tried to update it on the windows site. didn't work.
    > any ideas? oh yeah, i think i downloaded SP2 this past winter but
    > uninstalled some hotfixes 'cause i didn't like what they did to my
    > computer

    Try it from CD, perhaps your connection is burping in the middle or you have
    security software that's preventing the installation.

    Get the XP SP2 CD for free:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/sp2/cdorder/en_us/default.mspx

    How to install Windows XP Service Pack 2 after downloading:
    http://www.microsoft.com/uk/windows/sp2/install.mspx

    What to Know Before You Download and Install Windows XP Service Pack 2:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/sp2/sp2_whattoknow.mspx

    Galen

    without them."

    Sherlock Holmes