Can't install service pack 2

July 20, 2005 9:27:07 AM

i can't install service pack 2. automatic updates says that it's downloaded
onto my computer and ready to install but i won't do anything. i tried to
update it on the windows site. didn't work. any ideas? oh yeah, i think i
downloaded SP2 this past winter but uninstalled some hotfixes 'cause i didn't
like what they did to my computer

More about : install service pack

July 20, 2005 11:42:24 AM

Chico wrote:

> i can't install service pack 2. automatic updates says that it's
> downloaded
> onto my computer and ready to install but i won't do anything. i
> tried to
> update it on the windows site. didn't work. any ideas? oh yeah, i
> think i downloaded SP2 this past winter but uninstalled some hotfixes
> 'cause i didn't like what they did to my computer

Unfortunately, you haven't provided enough information to get specific
answers. Here are links to help you craft a good newsgroup post:

http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

In the meantime, here are links to help you troubleshoot why you can't
install SP2:

SP2 Support Center -
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?&pr=windowsxp...

Tech support page for SP2 -
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?&c1=509&g...

Troubleshooting SP2 for Windows XP
http://www.michna.com/kb/WxSP2.htm and
http://www.michna.com/kb/WxSP2.htm#General

http://aumha.net - See SP2 forums
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_s.htm#sp2

Visiting a Service Center to Get SP2 - http://tinyurl.com/53xz4

Follow the Service Pack Installation Checklist -

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

In news:B26F7003-0567-4D5B-8C0D-3DD8146B1AC3@microsoft.com,
Chico <Chico@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> i can't install service pack 2. automatic updates says that it's
> downloaded onto my computer and ready to install but i won't do
> anything. i tried to update it on the windows site. didn't work.
> any ideas? oh yeah, i think i downloaded SP2 this past winter but
> uninstalled some hotfixes 'cause i didn't like what they did to my
> computer

Try it from CD, perhaps your connection is burping in the middle or you have
security software that's preventing the installation.

Get the XP SP2 CD for free:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/sp...

How to install Windows XP Service Pack 2 after downloading:
http://www.microsoft.com/uk/windows/sp2/install.mspx

What to Know Before You Download and Install Windows XP Service Pack 2:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/sp2/sp2_whattoknow.m...

Galen

without them."

Sherlock Holmes