Startup Folder

I placed a shortcut to a program in the startup folder under Documents and
Settings > All Users > Start Menu > Programs > Startup . . . but when the
computer boots, that program doesn't start. It used to work fine like that,
before I had to reinstall XP Pro on a new hard drive. Now it doesn't work
with the shortcut in that folder. Also, when I go to Start > Run > msconfig
.. . . this item shows up as checked under the Startup tab . . . so it should
be working. Any ideas???

--
Brandon Smith
Presentations Direct - "Document Finishing Solutions"

    Make sure you right click on the exe to make your shortcut.

    -------------= Posted from Ugroups.com =-------------
    ---= Fast & Free Web Portal to Usenet Newsgroups =---
    -------------= http://www.ugroups.com/ =-------------

    Have a look at this...

    Shortcuts in the Startup folders do not run at Windows startup
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/norunstartup.htm

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:OVlMpkSjFHA.3336@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
    news.microsoft.com <bsmith@presentationsdirect.nospam.com> hunted and
    pecked:
    > I placed a shortcut to a program in the startup folder under Documents and
    > Settings > All Users > Start Menu > Programs > Startup . . . but when the
    > computer boots, that program doesn't start. It used to work fine like
    > that, before I had to reinstall XP Pro on a new hard drive. Now it
    > doesn't work with the shortcut in that folder. Also, when I go to Start
    > > Run > msconfig . . . this item shows up as checked under the Startup
    > tab . . . so it should be working. Any ideas???
    >

    > --
    > Brandon Smith
    > Presentations Direct - "Document Finishing Solutions"
    > http://www.presentationsdirect.com

Windows XP