Startup Folder

July 20, 2005 11:47:28 AM

I placed a shortcut to a program in the startup folder under Documents and
Settings > All Users > Start Menu > Programs > Startup . . . but when the
computer boots, that program doesn't start. It used to work fine like that,
before I had to reinstall XP Pro on a new hard drive. Now it doesn't work
with the shortcut in that folder. Also, when I go to Start > Run > msconfig
.. . . this item shows up as checked under the Startup tab . . . so it should
be working. Any ideas???

--
Brandon Smith
Presentations Direct - "Document Finishing Solutions"

More about : startup folder

July 20, 2005 12:37:05 PM

Make sure you right click on the exe to make your shortcut.

-------------= Posted from Ugroups.com =-------------
---= Fast & Free Web Portal to Usenet Newsgroups =---
-------------= http://www.ugroups.com/ =-------------
Anonymous
July 20, 2005 6:01:08 PM

Have a look at this...

Shortcuts in the Startup folders do not run at Windows startup
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/norunstartup.htm

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes