Playing games from one computer to another

Rick

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003

I'm trying to find out how to play a game that you generally connect through
a LAN but using two computers that are not on a LAN. That sounded confusing.

I have two laptops, not on a network. Is it possible to play a game (ie
Ghost Recon) on multiplayer and one computer see the other computer and play
as if we were both online or hooked up to a LAN?

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:4E362F1F-6BF5-462C-8139-62CB26322089@microsoft.com,
Rick <donotspam@youareanidiot.com> had this to say:

> I'm trying to find out how to play a game that you generally connect
> through a LAN but using two computers that are not on a LAN. That
> sounded confusing.
>
> I have two laptops, not on a network. Is it possible to play a game
> (ie Ghost Recon) on multiplayer and one computer see the other
> computer and play as if we were both online or hooked up to a LAN?

Not very easily at best and impossible at worst. Simply grab a couple of
NICs and a crossover or a router and a couple of straight cables and be done
with it.

Galen

without them."

Sherlock Holmes