Need to download MN-700 Software CD

Hi,I just bought a used MN-700. I dont have the install CD and can't
locate it on the web. Where can I download this CD. It says on the box
not to plug in the router before having installed the software.

Thanks
Marc
2 answers Last reply
More about need download software

    That message is overstated just a bit. I have a MN-700 setup and running
    with two different notebooks and a PocketPC; the software CD is still firmly
    shrink-wrapped, has never been out of the box, nor has it been within 20
    feet of a CD drive. About the most you need is the manual (which I find
    overly confusing, but it contains some important bits of information) and
    possibly a hardware reset on the MN-700 to return it to factory default
    settings.

    Hal
    --
    Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
    Got Blues? - www.badnewsbluesband.com

    "Marc" <google@pc-rev.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,I just bought a used MN-700. I dont have the install CD and can't
    > locate it on the web. Where can I download this CD. It says on the box
    > not to plug in the router before having installed the software.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Marc

    There's nothing you can't configure with the router's base station managment
    tool, which you can goto via your web browser (htttp://192.168.2.1)

    If you insist on using the software (something that probably won't be
    helpful to you), you can follow these instructions

    Goto
    http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/broadbandnetworking/15_Downloads.aspx

    Select MN700
    Download the msbndownload.exe file
    Run the msbndownload.exe file
    Accept the EULA
    Save the files to "C:\MSBBN"
    Once the files are extracted, cancel the setup.

    Goto C:\MSBBN through Windows Explorer
    Right click msbn.msi and install it.

    --
    Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

    Find out about the MS MVP Program -

    "Marc" <google@pc-rev.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,I just bought a used MN-700. I dont have the install CD and can't
    > locate it on the web. Where can I download this CD. It says on the box
    > not to plug in the router before having installed the software.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Marc

Routers Download CD-Rom Software Networking