HELP!!! Serial-ATA hardisk installation problem!

kenon

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2005
I'd installed a SATA hardisk and connected at mobo SATA connector 0, cdrw & dvd rom was connected at IDE2 with master & slave, in bios the drive confriguration i set to ehanced and others setting i leave as default, now i have 2 question:

1.For SATA hardisk (no partition), in device manager, the IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers show "Intel(R) 82801EB Ultra ATA Storage Controller", why not a Serial ATA?

2. The SATA hd and two cd-rom drives that i connected is it correct? Or any PRO recommend installation or connection for SATA hardisk and two cd-rom drives?

Here is my pc info:
P4, Intel D865PERL
512mb
bios updated
mobo got SATA connector 0 and 1, SATA hd connected to connector 0
cdrw & dvd rom was connected at IDE2 with master & slave
win XP Pro SP2

another info is b4 i install win xp i'd press F6 to install "Intel(R) 82801ER I/O Controller Hub", and never remove the diskette during installing win xp...

PLZ...any PRO can help me, im just a pc newbies!!!
where is my mistake???
sorry for poor english! hehe!

pat

Expert
"1.For SATA hardisk (no partition), in device manager, the IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers show "Intel(R) 82801EB Ultra ATA Storage Controller", why not a Serial ATA?"

S ATA, P ATA.. it is all ATA anyway, one have a parallel link between the mobo and the HDD, the other a serial

-Always put the blame on you first, then on the hardware !!!

kenon

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2005
so u meant its all fine and no problem?
anyway my pc is working and no problem, but i just want to ensure that the installation and the info at the Device Manager>IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers is it correct...
so any comment?