HP gotcha All in One

spyglass

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2002
I am looking at a HP Photosmart 3210 all in one printer that worked ok yesterday but will not print today because the cartridges are past their expiration date. I do not print out to often, but need a printer occasionally. I guess I am not in the typical printer user.

Other features of this printer:
-has horrible, hard to install XP drivers
-expensive ink
-Not network friendly. How hard can it be ?
-calls home and reports your printing activities. (used to be called spyware)

Price does not ensure a quality product in the printer market. I am not sure if top selling printers have a claim to quality either.

My year old HP has betrayed me when I need it, so HP is now a product line I wont be buying any longer.

venting ^^^
======================
Question:

Are there any printers that install in XP without having to download and install the driver yourself? (that used to be call plug and play.)

mobom

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2007
HP printers are pieces of ****. I have a 5610 all-in-one hardly used and now suddenly xp is not recognizing it. They are complete pieces of ****. I am beginning to think this is how the company rakes in the profits because at the corporate level they move massive amounts of hardware and corporations have deep pockets to take care of little malfunctions . Now they are bringing that tactic to the individual consumer level. They expect me to toss it and buy a new one! Not this time fukers! No more hp printers for me.

mobom

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2007
UPDATE to my stupid input above:

My computer is a piece of ***! HP 5610 is working fine on another comp. The reason it was not working was that my USB was for some reason not transmitting data. HP printers are reliable workhorses.