I viewed a file over the internet which I could not print. I am running WinXP
Pro SP2 with all updates from WindowsUpdate.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I went to File>Save and saved the .pdf to
my desktop (on my local HDD). I am using Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.01. I still
cannot print but I can view the document on the screen. I cannot copy/paste
the text (I can highlight it).

How on earth do I print it? I tried downloading decryption software and
password cracking programs to make the pdf convert for printing (with less
security) but it just does not want to work.

Can anyone help me please.

Thanks.

skc

Byte

If you can view the PDF document using Acrobat, you can use the
PrintScreen key and send it to a graphics app such as MS Paint>edit>paste
and open it. Then you can print all you want.
--
Some days you're the windshield,
some days you're the bug.

"Skc" wrote:

> I viewed a file over the internet which I could not print. I am running WinXP
> Pro SP2 with all updates from WindowsUpdate.
>
> Anyway, to cut a long story short, I went to File>Save and saved the .pdf to
> my desktop (on my local HDD). I am using Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.01. I still
> cannot print but I can view the document on the screen. I cannot copy/paste
> the text (I can highlight it).
>
> How on earth do I print it? I tried downloading decryption software and
> password cracking programs to make the pdf convert for printing (with less
> security) but it just does not want to work.
>
> Can anyone help me please.
>
> Thanks.
>
> skc

Are you seeing the toolbar that shows the printer icon?

If not...
On the Menu bar click Window | Toolbars | Basic Tools

Or hit your F8 key.

Sometimes protected documents disable the print function. Including Ctrl +
P from within the document and right clicking the file and selecting
Print.

If you aren't seeing the Menu bar, hit your F9 key.

If you can see the Menu bar, you can use the Text Tool and the Graphics Tool
to Copy text and graphics and paste that info into WordPad or Word.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:DF975F59-26D1-4808-8FB8-9959945F2589@microsoft.com,
Skc <Skc@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> I viewed a file over the internet which I could not print. I am running
> WinXP Pro SP2 with all updates from WindowsUpdate.
>
> Anyway, to cut a long story short, I went to File>Save and saved the .pdf
> to my desktop (on my local HDD). I am using Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.01.
> I still cannot print but I can view the document on the screen. I cannot
> copy/paste the text (I can highlight it).
>
> How on earth do I print it? I tried downloading decryption software and
> password cracking programs to make the pdf convert for printing (with less
> security) but it just does not want to work.
>
> Can anyone help me please.
>
> Thanks.
>
> skc

Alias

Try updating your Adobe Reader to 7.0. Help/Check for updates now ...

--
Alias

"Skc" wrote

>I viewed a file over the internet which I could not print. I am running
>WinXP
> Pro SP2 with all updates from WindowsUpdate.
>
> Anyway, to cut a long story short, I went to File>Save and saved the .pdf
> my desktop (on my local HDD). I am using Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.01. I
> still
> cannot print but I can view the document on the screen. I cannot
> copy/paste
> the text (I can highlight it).
>
> How on earth do I print it? I tried downloading decryption software and
> password cracking programs to make the pdf convert for printing (with less
> security) but it just does not want to work.
>
> Can anyone help me please.
>
> Thanks.
>
> skc

how will upgrading to v7 enable me to print?

"Alias" wrote:

> Try updating your Adobe Reader to 7.0. Help/Check for updates now ...
>
> --
> Alias
>
> Use the Reply to Sender feature of your news reader program to email me.
> Utiliza Responder al Remitente para mandarme un mail.
>
> "Skc" wrote
>
> >I viewed a file over the internet which I could not print. I am running
> >WinXP
> > Pro SP2 with all updates from WindowsUpdate.
> >
> > Anyway, to cut a long story short, I went to File>Save and saved the .pdf
> > my desktop (on my local HDD). I am using Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.01. I
> > still
> > cannot print but I can view the document on the screen. I cannot
> > copy/paste
> > the text (I can highlight it).
> >
> > How on earth do I print it? I tried downloading decryption software and
> > password cracking programs to make the pdf convert for printing (with less
> > security) but it just does not want to work.
> >
> > Can anyone help me please.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > skc

You need the latest version of the protection hacking program. Adobe has
built in to the reader
these kinds of protections in order to help publishers protect their
content.
So its a good thing. But there are always ways to unlock things..
take a look here http://www.elcomsoft.com/prs.html#apdfpr

if you are unable to do anything else you can always make lots of
screencaptures and OCR the images...

(this takes time though and perhaps its not worth it).

Kenny

--
Kenfucious said:

Michael Jackson has been vindicated.

The truth is one, you must accept it. Reality is not a point of view, since
if everything was a point a view, then the theory that everything is a point
of view, is just a point a view and not something real.
"Skc" <Skc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I viewed a file over the internet which I could not print. I am running
>WinXP
> Pro SP2 with all updates from WindowsUpdate.
>
> Anyway, to cut a long story short, I went to File>Save and saved the .pdf
> my desktop (on my local HDD). I am using Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.01. I
> still
> cannot print but I can view the document on the screen. I cannot
> copy/paste
> the text (I can highlight it).
>
> How on earth do I print it? I tried downloading decryption software and
> password cracking programs to make the pdf convert for printing (with less
> security) but it just does not want to work.
>
> Can anyone help me please.
>
> Thanks.
>
> skc

He hasn't said it will work, he said try.

Do you not think it is worth the effort trying just in case it does work?