"Windows setup could not configure windows on this computers hardware"

Raderyx

Honorable
Mar 3, 2012
I am currently trying to install Windows 7 64-bit on my laptop. I current have it set up at 32-bit Windows 7 because one of the RAM sticks died a year ago. I just bought 8 GB of g.Skill ram from Newegg and received it 4 days ago(http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231342). I've ran memtest for several passes and no errors show up.

Laptop: HP DM4 1063cl (approximately 2 years old)

It used to be able to install Windows 7 from the same disk, but when I tried 3 days ago, it failed. I've downloaded multiple isos of SP1 from Microsoft website and still gives me the same error. I read about RAID drivers but HP told me that AHCI mode is default. I've set the BIOS to default settings and still wouldn't work. The only thing I've ever done to HDD was partition it. I've restored the HDD in comand prompt and still wouldn't run. I've switched the memory back from the old ones and also single sticks and still wouldn't work.

I've out of options here, any ideas?

Raderyx

Honorable
Mar 3, 2012

Not sure. I've had good services with g.Skill. My desktop ram are ripjaws.

Yes, I did /f /v and /r, as suggested from sevenforums. And still doesn't help

Raderyx

Honorable
Mar 3, 2012

So I just tried that. And it gave me an error about installation files inaccessible 0x0c0000005

Raderyx

Honorable
Mar 3, 2012
Yes I've upgraded it. But the thing is, I used to be able to install 64-bit with the same exact disk. Only thing I've changed with the ram and partition the HDD. I've done various memtests and chkdsks and even cleaned the HDD in command prompt to restore it to one partition.

Raderyx

Honorable
Mar 3, 2012

Yes. I've ran memtest for over 10 passes in the past few days.

wpersin003

Honorable
Jun 3, 2012
try repartitioning and reformatting to ntfs
then bios to boot from cdrom
then install
Make sure disc has no smudges or finger prints on it
then if that fails try usb external dvd/cdrom install (rules out bad dvd/cdrom drive)
Simple things often go unoticed.

Recommend you Run SeaTools:
http://www.seagate.com/support/internal-hard-drives/consumer-electronics/ld25-series/seatools-dos-master/
Check the disk, But ALSO do a erease track 0.
Tutorial: http://knowledge.seagate.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/201271en

If disk passes and ereasing track 0 does not fix it, then I'd start tinking that the problem lies with the MB.
Problem:
.. DVD reader, But seems to read memtest disk OK
.. Ram, But it passes extened test runing memtest86 (Prime 95 a better test, but requires running under windows.
.. HD, Working ON (generally the Most likely). Best test is try a KNOWN good HDD. If drive itself is Good then it is a good possibility it has a Bad partition table that is NOT showing up (Ereasing track 0 should solve that).

.. MB, ie HDD chipset, or connector to HDD. IF all else fails to fix, good possibility.
Have to mention this as a possibility. Really hate to say this but, HP consummer models are NOT rated that high on reliability/user problems, and Unfornatuately not one of my recommended laptops models, along with acer.
also added: PSS Newer Seagate HDDs (and older -11 Drives) do NOT have a good track record either.

Added:
Partitions can be a problem to delete, if they are NOT seen by the partitioning program. Reason I recommended Seatools (Dos Bootable CD for Seagate HDDs). a 2nd option (not for the faint of hearts - but really not to diff is Diskpart. Diskpart can be accessed from the Windows 7 Installation disk. Basically you have to boot the installation disk to dos and use cmd switches to "Wipe" the disk.