  • Command Prompt
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
July 20, 2005 1:27:09 PM

Cmd closes as soon as I click on my batch file which stop the file from
running properly. How do I get the cmd window to stay open so the file will
run normaly and do what it suppose to?

More about : command prompt auto exit

Anonymous
July 20, 2005 2:11:06 PM

it's a game setup file but it's not just this one, it happens to all other
batch files as well
Anonymous
July 20, 2005 6:49:01 PM

Are there any other way beside editing the file because it works on my
brother's computer, he also has windows xp
"tn" wrote:

> Cmd closes as soon as I click on my batch file which stop the file from
> running properly. How do I get the cmd window to stay open so the file will
> run normaly and do what it suppose to?
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
July 20, 2005 10:36:16 PM

tn wrote:

> Cmd closes as soon as I click on my batch file which stop the
> file from running properly. How do I get the cmd window to
> stay open so the file will run normaly and do what it suppose to?
Hi,

1)
It would help if you posted the content of the batch file.

2)
What is this file you start supposed to do when it works?

the 1328 page Scripting Guide:
July 21, 2005 8:02:24 AM

Put a pause at the end of the bat file.

"tn" <tn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E5E505D7-CA70-480B-9337-C53D8B87DB69@microsoft.com...
> Cmd closes as soon as I click on my batch file which stop the file from
> running properly. How do I get the cmd window to stay open so the file will
> run normaly and do what it suppose to?
Anonymous
July 21, 2005 11:58:11 AM

Yeah, but yours is working correctly - his isn't.

Use
cmd /k batfilename

as the shortcut.

If it involves MSDos (and bat files don't be default use MSDos) the shortcut's properties will have a checkbox Close On Exit.

"tn" <tn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EAE880BD-8EEE-4771-9F8C-18FCCFDCDCA6@microsoft.com...
> Are there any other way beside editing the file because it works on my
> brother's computer, he also has windows xp
> "tn" wrote:
>
>> Cmd closes as soon as I click on my batch file which stop the file from
>> running properly. How do I get the cmd window to stay open so the file will
>> run normaly and do what it suppose to?
Anonymous
July 21, 2005 11:58:12 AM

it works now! THANKS FOR YOUR HELP :)