Command Prompt Auto Exit

Cmd closes as soon as I click on my batch file which stop the file from
running properly. How do I get the cmd window to stay open so the file will
run normaly and do what it suppose to?
6 answers Last reply
More about command prompt auto exit

    it's a game setup file but it's not just this one, it happens to all other
    batch files as well

    Are there any other way beside editing the file because it works on my
    brother's computer, he also has windows xp

    tn wrote:

    > Cmd closes as soon as I click on my batch file which stop the
    > file from running properly. How do I get the cmd window to
    > stay open so the file will run normaly and do what it suppose to?
    Hi,

    1)
    It would help if you posted the content of the batch file.

    2)
    What is this file you start supposed to do when it works?

    the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

    Put a pause at the end of the bat file.

    "tn" <tn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E5E505D7-CA70-480B-9337-C53D8B87DB69@microsoft.com...
    > Cmd closes as soon as I click on my batch file which stop the file from
    > running properly. How do I get the cmd window to stay open so the file will
    > run normaly and do what it suppose to?

    Yeah, but yours is working correctly - his isn't.

    Use
    cmd /k batfilename

    as the shortcut.

    If it involves MSDos (and bat files don't be default use MSDos) the shortcut's properties will have a checkbox Close On Exit.

    "tn" <tn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EAE880BD-8EEE-4771-9F8C-18FCCFDCDCA6@microsoft.com...
    > Are there any other way beside editing the file because it works on my
    > brother's computer, he also has windows xp
    > "tn" wrote:
    >
    >> Cmd closes as soon as I click on my batch file which stop the file from
    >> running properly. How do I get the cmd window to stay open so the file will
    >> run normaly and do what it suppose to?

    it works now! THANKS FOR YOUR HELP :)

    "David Candy" wrote:

    > Yeah, but yours is working correctly - his isn't.
    >
    > Use
    > cmd /k batfilename
    >
    > as the shortcut.
    >
    > If it involves MSDos (and bat files don't be default use MSDos) the shortcut's properties will have a checkbox Close On Exit.

    > "tn" <tn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EAE880BD-8EEE-4771-9F8C-18FCCFDCDCA6@microsoft.com...
    > > Are there any other way beside editing the file because it works on my
    > > brother's computer, he also has windows xp
    > > "tn" wrote:
    > >
    > >> Cmd closes as soon as I click on my batch file which stop the file from
    > >> running properly. How do I get the cmd window to stay open so the file will
    > >> run normaly and do what it suppose to?

Command Prompt Microsoft Windows XP