games playing very slowly and with very dark screen

Tags:
  • Trojan
  • Games
  • Microsoft
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
September 6, 2005 9:07:41 PM

I ve just removed hundreds of trojan horses with avast4 and now when i play
games my computer is very slow and very dark, even with brightness turned WAY
up. Any ideas what the problem is? anything in response welcomed.

Thanks

Brant

More about : games playing slowly dark screen

Anonymous
September 7, 2005 12:58:55 AM

Hi Brant,

If updating your video drivers don't improve the situation, you
might have to accept that the Trojans damaged your current
installation badly enough that you should consider a repair ..

How to repair Windows XP:
Unplug from your Internet connection, and then repair Windows:
using this method: http://michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

Afterwards, boot up your system, turn on your XP Internet Firewall,
plug back into your Internet connection and install all Critical and
Recommended updates from: http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

"brant nuttall" <brantnuttall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:34007719-6F8F-4BA9-A12A-D388AD30B849@microsoft.com...
|I ve just removed hundreds of trojan horses with avast4 and now when i play
| games my computer is very slow and very dark, even with brightness turned WAY
| up. Any ideas what the problem is? anything in response welcomed.
|
| Thanks
|
| Brant
September 7, 2005 1:56:05 AM

When in doubt, especially after an onslaught of viruses, do a nice
fresh clean install of windows. I've found that the repair function
does not always work after certain viruses or worms. I've helped many
associates start over again when they had been bombarded with evil
programs. Make sure you back up any files, as they are usually safe
after all the viruses have been removed.
Anonymous
September 23, 2005 12:08:22 AM

What CPU do you have? How much RAM? What video controller/display adapter?

!