games playing very slowly and with very dark screen

I ve just removed hundreds of trojan horses with avast4 and now when i play
games my computer is very slow and very dark, even with brightness turned WAY
up. Any ideas what the problem is? anything in response welcomed.

Thanks

Brant
3 answers Last reply
More about games playing slowly dark screen

    Hi Brant,

    If updating your video drivers don't improve the situation, you
    might have to accept that the Trojans damaged your current
    installation badly enough that you should consider a repair ..

    How to repair Windows XP:
    Unplug from your Internet connection, and then repair Windows:
    using this method: http://michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

    Afterwards, boot up your system, turn on your XP Internet Firewall,
    plug back into your Internet connection and install all Critical and
    Recommended updates from: http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com

    --
    Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

    "brant nuttall" <brantnuttall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:34007719-6F8F-4BA9-A12A-D388AD30B849@microsoft.com...
    |I ve just removed hundreds of trojan horses with avast4 and now when i play
    | games my computer is very slow and very dark, even with brightness turned WAY
    | up. Any ideas what the problem is? anything in response welcomed.
    |
    | Thanks
    |
    | Brant

    When in doubt, especially after an onslaught of viruses, do a nice
    fresh clean install of windows. I've found that the repair function
    does not always work after certain viruses or worms. I've helped many
    associates start over again when they had been bombarded with evil
    programs. Make sure you back up any files, as they are usually safe
    after all the viruses have been removed.
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games (More info?)

    What CPU do you have? How much RAM? What video controller/display adapter?

    brant nuttall wrote:

    > I ve just removed hundreds of trojan horses with avast4 and now when i play
    > games my computer is very slow and very dark, even with brightness turned WAY
    > up. Any ideas what the problem is? anything in response welcomed.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Brant

Trojan Games Microsoft Video Games