Error installing application

I receive error when installing applications on updated XP Pro machine. Error
says:
Error while parsing command line argument or reading setup.ini. No such
interface supported.
Please help :(

does this happens on all applications/programs?

"bluepuppet" wrote:

> I receive error when installing applications on updated XP Pro machine. Error
> says:
> Error while parsing command line argument or reading setup.ini. No such
> interface supported.
> Please help :(

On couple of them that I tried to install (WinDVD7 that I downloaded, Epson
scanner apps off the CD etc)
Cheers

"M. Rivera" wrote:

> does this happens on all applications/programs?
>
> "bluepuppet" wrote:
>
> > I receive error when installing applications on updated XP Pro machine. Error
> > says:
> > Error while parsing command line argument or reading setup.ini. No such
> > interface supported.
> > Please help :(

Try installing something else that you know it works.
It appears that the problem is with the software/program and not with the
oper sys...