Search does not work

I need some help. I'm runnning windows xp pro w/SP2. Everytime I select
search to look for files/folders it hungs. It doesn't work. Is there a fix
for this? Any help would be appreciated.
3 answers Last reply
More about search work

    Hi

    Please see the following link to Kelly's web site:

    "Why doesn't Search work?"

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    Please reply to the News Groups

    "M. Rivera" <MRivera@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I need some help. I'm runnning windows xp pro w/SP2. Everytime I select
    > search to look for files/folders it hungs. It doesn't work. Is there a fix
    > for this? Any help would be appreciated.

    Well, we tried... ;-(
    It didn't work. It stops responding and eventually I have to force it to
    close.

    "Will Denny" wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > Please see the following link to Kelly's web site:
    >
    > "Why doesn't Search work?"
    > http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/top10faqs.htm
    >
    > --
    >
    > Will Denny
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    > Please reply to the News Groups
    >

    > "M. Rivera" <MRivera@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I need some help. I'm runnning windows xp pro w/SP2. Everytime I select
    > > search to look for files/folders it hungs. It doesn't work. Is there a fix
    > > for this? Any help would be appreciated.

    This is the same problem that i am having. Have you managed to find a
    solution?

    "M. Rivera" wrote:

    > I need some help. I'm runnning windows xp pro w/SP2. Everytime I select
    > search to look for files/folders it hungs. It doesn't work. Is there a fix
    > for this? Any help would be appreciated.

Microsoft Windows XP