I need some help. I'm runnning windows xp pro w/SP2. Everytime I select
search to look for files/folders it hungs. It doesn't work. Is there a fix
for this? Any help would be appreciated.

Hi

Please see the following link to Kelly's web site:

"Why doesn't Search work?"

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
Please reply to the News Groups

"M. Rivera" <MRivera@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I need some help. I'm runnning windows xp pro w/SP2. Everytime I select
> search to look for files/folders it hungs. It doesn't work. Is there a fix
> for this? Any help would be appreciated.

Well, we tried... ;-(
It didn't work. It stops responding and eventually I have to force it to
close.

"Will Denny" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Please see the following link to Kelly's web site:
>
> "Why doesn't Search work?"
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/top10faqs.htm
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "M. Rivera" <MRivera@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I need some help. I'm runnning windows xp pro w/SP2. Everytime I select
> > search to look for files/folders it hungs. It doesn't work. Is there a fix
> > for this? Any help would be appreciated.

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

This is the same problem that i am having. Have you managed to find a
solution?