  • Desktops
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
July 21, 2005 2:55:24 AM

In Windows Explorer Sendto menu `Desktop' is not available. When I checked
the Sendto folder there is already one `Desktop (create shortcut)', but its
not appearing in the selection. Not helping even an un-install and
re-install of Sendtox.zip installer (I guess it's a very old powertoy).

Thanks for any help.

Brother Brock
--
Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare.
Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Hare Hare.

More about : sendto desktop working

Anonymous
July 21, 2005 2:55:25 AM

Disregarding Quotes; in \Documents and Settings\Administrator
(if you are user Administrator)\Send To\ (in Send To Folder)
you should have a 0 k Send To file. If not, right click, create txt
file, renaming it to “Send To (create shortcut).desklink�
If you have the Send To file, and if it is not already there, add
line: “Desktop (create shortcut).DeskLink=@sendmail.dll,-21�
to the Desktop.ini file in Send To folder. There is also “Send To�
folder in “Default User� & System32\config\systemprofile. In all
3 directories where Send To folder is found, you should add folder
called Desktop if there isn’t one there already. If this fixes your
problem, then I guess that’s a way to do it.

"Brother Brock" wrote:

> In Windows Explorer Sendto menu `Desktop' is not available. When I checked
> the Sendto folder there is already one `Desktop (create shortcut)', but its
> not appearing in the selection. Not helping even an un-install and
> re-install of Sendtox.zip installer (I guess it's a very old powertoy).
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Brother Brock
> --
> Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare.
> Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Hare Hare.

Anonymous
July 21, 2005 8:01:18 AM

Send To powertoys break Send To Desktop as Shortcut. Type
regsvr32 sendmail
in Start Run

"Brother Brock" <Nobodyknows@unknown.com> wrote in message news:%23WFuLAVjFHA.3164@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> In Windows Explorer Sendto menu `Desktop' is not available. When I checked
> the Sendto folder there is already one `Desktop (create shortcut)', but its
> not appearing in the selection. Not helping even an un-install and
> re-install of Sendtox.zip installer (I guess it's a very old powertoy).
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Brother Brock
> --
> Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare.
> Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Hare Hare.

Anonymous
July 21, 2005 8:01:19 AM

Oh Great. Problem solved. Many Thanks.

Brother Brock