Sign in with
Your question

Windows Update 9/22/2012

Last response: in Windows 7
September 23, 2012 7:59:32 PM

I updated my computer last night with this update [KB 2744842]. This morning I tried to open windows 7, but it gets stuck in the opening animation.

I went into safemode and try to do system restore, but all the restore points disappeared....

Finally, I tried "Advanced startup options" and chose Last Known Good Configuration (advanced)

With this i was finally be able to boot into Windows 7 64-bit, but now my internet would not work either Ethernet or wifi.

I have tried:

netsh winsock rest catalog

netsh int ip reset reset.log

Nothing works...

Please Advice

Update: I know for a fact that my wifi chipset, because i was able to connect to the internet through my dual-boot Windows 8 Beta....

More about : windows update 2012

a b $ Windows 7
September 23, 2012 9:07:36 PM

Hi :) 

That update works fine... i have installed it on 5 machines so far with no problems...

All the best Brett :) 
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
September 23, 2012 9:47:22 PM

As mibix19 and Brett said.

Get yourself a good imaging backup program (e.g. Acronis True Image or Ghost) together with a regular backup and malware/virus/etc scan schedules to help towards getting you out of trouble like this.
a b $ Windows 7
September 24, 2012 2:37:56 AM

Well I'll backup now and try to apply the update...(see if it happen as what happened in yours)

will post/update how it was...
a b $ Windows 7
September 24, 2012 3:03:14 AM

That one installed fine here -- the complaint I have is somewhere along the line MS changed it to where you can't download the updates and wait to install them - I have it set to download and let me decide when to install ( I like to do them all once a month to be able to backup and restore if problems crop up ) but now after 2 days they automaically install themselves on boot up which really pisses me off - First they make it so you have to Log off your account to shut down without installing them ( they remove the shut down option and replace it with Install update and shut down ) so that you have to log out in order to manually shut down without installing them -- and now they go and change things again so that even doing that and 2 days later they automatically install themselves -- Guess I have to shut the service down completely and download them all once a month instead of having them already downloaded for my monthly installs because MS thinks they know better than the end user on how to keep their system updated !!
a b $ Windows 7
September 24, 2012 9:23:50 AM

Update:

Fine here too, nothing strange or fail...

edit: I would try do basic trouble shooting, run virus/malware scan, run disk check (scandisk), update the driver........
September 24, 2012 9:50:58 AM

Kulsman said:
I updated my computer last night with this update [KB 2744842]. This morning I tried to open windows 7, but it gets stuck in the opening animation.

I went into safemode and try to do system restore, but all the restore points disappeared....

Finally, I tried "Advanced startup options" and chose Last Known Good Configuration (advanced)

With this i was finally be able to boot into Windows 7 64-bit, but now my internet would not work either Ethernet or wifi.

I have tried:

netsh winsock rest catalog

netsh int ip reset reset.log

Nothing works...

Please Advice

Update: I know for a fact that my wifi chipset, because i was able to connect to the internet through my dual-boot Windows 8 Beta....

hmm, interesting, I also had a minor issue with this update, in that it (my pc) didn't shut down once the installaion was complete, it was stuck at 100%!! Took a chance, and just did a ccold start, and although, upon restart it tried to complete the installation, it failed. On next boot to windows, I installed it again, this time it worked without issues. Sorry for the ramble, but thought the info maybe usefull.

October 4, 2012 12:22:32 AM

I just ended up reinstalling windows 7.
!