error 0x80090006 preventing logging onto windows XP

Hi,

I'm receiving the following error and windows will not allow logon:

"you are having a problem that is preventing windows from accurately
checking the license for this computer." Error #0X80090006

I have tried the following with no resolve:
-Safe Mode, RAN regsvr32 regwizc.dll , and regsvr32 licdll.dll
-Tried Q310794, but no \cryptography\ hive
-Booted to recovery console from CD, ran fixmbr, succeeded, but no
resolution still

The computer was working find the day prior. No new installed
software/hardware. Very strange. Please advise.

Thanks,

Mike
1 answer Last reply
More about error 0x80090006 preventing logging windows

    I don't know the help yet, but the exact same thing happened to me. one day
    turned on, the next i have that error.

    "Mike" wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm receiving the following error and windows will not allow logon:
    >
    > "you are having a problem that is preventing windows from accurately
    > checking the license for this computer." Error #0X80090006
    >
    > I have tried the following with no resolve:
    > -Safe Mode, RAN regsvr32 regwizc.dll , and regsvr32 licdll.dll
    > -Tried Q310794, but no \cryptography\ hive
    > -Booted to recovery console from CD, ran fixmbr, succeeded, but no
    > resolution still
    >
    > The computer was working find the day prior. No new installed
    > software/hardware. Very strange. Please advise.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Mike

Windows XP