error 0x80090006 preventing logging onto windows XP

July 20, 2005 5:12:22 PM

Hi,

I'm receiving the following error and windows will not allow logon:

"you are having a problem that is preventing windows from accurately
checking the license for this computer." Error #0X80090006

I have tried the following with no resolve:
-Safe Mode, RAN regsvr32 regwizc.dll , and regsvr32 licdll.dll
-Tried Q310794, but no \cryptography\ hive
-Booted to recovery console from CD, ran fixmbr, succeeded, but no
resolution still

The computer was working find the day prior. No new installed
software/hardware. Very strange. Please advise.

Thanks,

Mike
Anonymous
August 28, 2005 7:05:05 PM

I don't know the help yet, but the exact same thing happened to me. one day
turned on, the next i have that error.

!