Keys on keyboard work for few seconds, then stop, while being held down

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBigFunk

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2012
Hi,

I am having problems with my keyboard where I'll hold down a key (either in a game, or other program) and it'll work for a few seconds, and then suddenly stop as I am still holding the key down. For instance, in any of my games, if I want the character to run a certain direction I hold the key down, and the character stops like I released the key, which I haven't.

I have tried reintstalling the driver, updating it, changing USB ports for the receiver(its a wireless Keyboard and Mouse). I am running on Windows 7 64 bit.

I have a feeling its a Windows 7 problem, rather than the keyboard, but could very well be wrong.

Any help would be fantastic! Thanks!

wjcarroll

Honorable
Mar 24, 2013
Hey guys - I have the same problem with one of my keyboards that I gave as a gift to my dad for his laptop. It's a p2 and I gave him a p2-->usb adapter so he can use it on the machine. It otherwise works fine, but gaming on it is really frustrating when I go out to visit the parents. >.< Any key in-game will stop responding after it is held for more than 5 seconds. However, if I hold, say the forward button in-game, key stops responding, continue to hold it down *and* press another key (say, a strafe key), the forward button will start to work again as if nothing happened. Thought I would mention that as another clue.

I looked at other programs, and don't see any others that would be using hotkeys.

FWIW, I plugged in a straight usb KB and it works without this issue. No boxes are checked in the KB ease of use section.

I've searched the web, and I've found this question/issue over 10 times, but with no solution (other than the ease of use, which doesn't seem to be the fix - at least in my case). Anyone else have an answer? Thx in advance!

-Will

SlowDancer

Honorable
Apr 9, 2013
I have the same problem as wjcarroll. I think it's only when the materials are poorly manufactured, or low quality. Or, it's because the adaptater is too long for the circuits to work properly... Who knows...

In any case, getting a straight USB Keyboard is the only solution I found.

Status
Not open for further replies.