Where Is the Icon Representing .gif Files?

TC

On my computer, Windows uses a specific icon to represent .gif files.
I'd like to know where that icon comes from. I've looked in the .dll
files which supposedly contain most system icons, but it is not there.
Does anyone know where I can find the icon Windows XP uses to represent
..gif files?

-TC

"TC" <golemdanube@yahoo.com> wrote:

>On my computer, Windows uses a specific icon to represent .gif files.
>I'd like to know where that icon comes from.

It's most likely the icon of the program that's associated with JPGs.
That's the program that opens when you double-click one of those
files.

--
Tim Slattery
MS MVP(DTS)

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:1121889459.086277.124910@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com,
TC <golemdanube@yahoo.com> had this to say:

> On my computer, Windows uses a specific icon to represent .gif files.
> I'd like to know where that icon comes from. I've looked in the .dll
> files which supposedly contain most system icons, but it is not there.
> Does anyone know where I can find the icon Windows XP uses to
> represent .gif files?
>
> -TC

%WinDir%\system32\shimgvw.dll

Galen

without them."

Sherlock Holmes

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:1121891121.720867.165280@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com,
TC <golemdanube@yahoo.com> had this to say:

> Galen,
>
> Thanks. That was it.
>
> -TC

Figured, I looked on mine. ;) Thanks for the confirmation though.

Galen

without them."

Sherlock Holmes