Sign in with
Your question
Solved

A careless problem (PLEASE REPLY)

Last response: in Computer Brands
November 19, 2009 11:20:48 AM

hello everyone, my situation is that:
i wanted to buy a good gaming computer which could at least play the games until just cause 2 and splinter cell conviction was released.
but i made such a worst decision and bought me a hp slimline pc which i thought was really good because those dealers were such liers, i asked them a million times if it could be upgraded they always said yes. they also said that this pc is a extreme gaming pc and that i didn't have to change the display card which is gt 220***.
after getting it i was very dissapointed as i found out that it couldnt be upgraded, the display card isn't that good and they were just lying.

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE TELL ME IF THERE IS ANY POSSIBLE WAY I COULD MOD THIS INTO A GAMING PC.
MY CURRENT SPECS:
INTEL CORE 2 QUAD@2.33GHZ
1 TB HARD DRIVE
4 GB RAM
AND WIN VISTA 32 BITS.

OR IS THERE ANYWAY I CAN GET A NEW PC BY SOMEHOW SELLING OR INVESTING.
PLEASE DO TELL.

***GT 220 IS A GOOD CARD TO PLAY THE RECENT GAMES AT UP TO 1280X720 WITH ALL SETTINGS ON THE HIGHEST. ( GTA 4 WORKS WITH 30 FPS MIN) I WOULD KEEP IT THIS WAY BUT THE 8800GT RECOMMENDED GAMES LAG ON THIS CARD WHILE ALL OTHER GAMES WORK EXTREMELY WELL.(ANYONE KNOWS WHY) I THINK ALL THE UPCOMING GAMES INCLUDING THE SABOTEUR WILL USE THE 8800GT AS THE RECOMMENDED CARD.

More about : careless problem reply

a b α HP
November 19, 2009 1:49:15 PM

What's the motherboard model?
m
l
November 20, 2009 9:36:26 AM

aford10 said:
What's the motherboard model?

here you go
in case your wondering i have an extra pci-e x16 slot.
can you tell me if i can upgrade the power supply.if i make a space for it will it work, or is it that size matters in compatibility that the big ones wont work.
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b α HP
November 20, 2009 11:15:57 AM

I was thinking, you could take the guts and put them in a new case. With the PCIe slot, you could upgrade the graphics. I'm not finding much on that board, but you could probably upgrade the slow quad (probably not worth the cost though). You could also upgrade the PSU (probably would have to with upgraded graphics). A new case will have room for the standard ATX PSUs.
November 20, 2009 11:45:26 AM

aford10 said:
I was thinking, you could take the guts and put them in a new case. With the PCIe slot, you could upgrade the graphics. I'm not finding much on that board, but you could probably upgrade the slow quad (probably not worth the cost though). You could also upgrade the PSU (probably would have to with upgraded graphics). A new case will have room for the standard ATX PSUs.

so its possible to upgrade the cpu.
ill try your suggestion. luckily im not a amateur and have spent years learning computer and i have built some. so it will be easy for me.
but a little dangerous because of the cold weather as it will cause static energy. but ill ground myself good.
m
l
a b α HP
November 20, 2009 1:27:13 PM

It MAY be possible to upgrade the CPU. You'll need to find out what the BIOS will recognize. I didn't find much with Pegatron. If you look on the board, you'll find a serial number and product number and manufacturer's logo. You should be able to search your board by those.
m
l
!