How to remove Address

July 21, 2005 5:47:01 AM

How to remove the `Adress' written on the Address bar in IE6? Not the
Address bar from the toolbar.

thanks for any replies.

Brother Brock
--
Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare.
Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Hare Hare.

More about : remove address

Anonymous
July 21, 2005 5:47:02 AM

You have 3 options I know of:
1) Right click the Taskbar
Click Properties > Start Menu tab > Customize button > Clear button.
**Note: This will clear out all of your MRU's, not only web URL's.

2) Click Start > Run, type in: regedit and press Enter.
Navigate to:
hkey_current_user\software\microsoft\internet explorer\typedURL's
Delete the URL from the right pane that you do not want.
**Note: This has a fallout. The entries in the right pane will be numbered, if
you remove any from within the sequence then you must resequence them, otherwise
any after the last one in sequence will not show in IE.
Example: entries are #'d 1 thru 10 and you remove 4, any after 3 will not show
until you resequence them 1 thru 9. You started with
url1,url2,url3,url4,url5,url6,url7,url8,url9,url10, you remove 4 and you now
have url1,url2,url3,url5,url6,url7,url8,url9,url10, you must have them in
sequence without a break in numbers to see them all in the IE dropdown list.

To get them renumbered, right click, select rename for each one you need to put
back in the order.

3) There is a small app on the web called EditURLs. With it you can safely
remove single URL entries, the entire list, save a master list, restore the
master list and sort the list. I am in no way affiliated with the author or
application, but I do suggest that if you use the app and like it, think about a
donation to the author. Without donations, authors wouldn't be able to continue
work on apps to update or offer them as a service.

--

Brian A. Sesko
{ MS MVP_Shell/User }

"Brother Brock" <Nobodyknows@unknown.com> wrote in message
news:o qYrDgWjFHA.1048@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> How to remove the `Adress' written on the Address bar in IE6? Not the Address
> bar from the toolbar.
>
> thanks for any replies.
>
> Brother Brock
> --
> Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare.
> Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Hare Hare.

Anonymous
July 22, 2005 2:29:09 AM

Thanks for the reply. Sorry for the mistake, actually I meant the word
`Address' which mentioned next to the address bar in IE6, not the typed
urls.

Sorry again

Brother Brock
!