How to remove Address

How to remove the `Adress' written on the Address bar in IE6? Not the
Address bar from the toolbar.

thanks for any replies.

Brother Brock
--
Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare.
Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Hare Hare.

    You have 3 options I know of:
    1) Right click the Taskbar
    Click Properties > Start Menu tab > Customize button > Clear button.
    **Note: This will clear out all of your MRU's, not only web URL's.

    2) Click Start > Run, type in: regedit and press Enter.
    Navigate to:
    hkey_current_user\software\microsoft\internet explorer\typedURL's
    Delete the URL from the right pane that you do not want.
    **Note: This has a fallout. The entries in the right pane will be numbered, if
    you remove any from within the sequence then you must resequence them, otherwise
    any after the last one in sequence will not show in IE.
    Example: entries are #'d 1 thru 10 and you remove 4, any after 3 will not show
    until you resequence them 1 thru 9. You started with
    url1,url2,url3,url4,url5,url6,url7,url8,url9,url10, you remove 4 and you now
    have url1,url2,url3,url5,url6,url7,url8,url9,url10, you must have them in
    sequence without a break in numbers to see them all in the IE dropdown list.

    To get them renumbered, right click, select rename for each one you need to put
    back in the order.

    3) There is a small app on the web called EditURLs. With it you can safely
    remove single URL entries, the entire list, save a master list, restore the
    master list and sort the list. I am in no way affiliated with the author or
    application, but I do suggest that if you use the app and like it, think about a
    donation to the author. Without donations, authors wouldn't be able to continue
    work on apps to update or offer them as a service.

    --

    Brian A. Sesko
    { MS MVP_Shell/User }

    "Brother Brock" <Nobodyknows@unknown.com> wrote in message
    > How to remove the `Adress' written on the Address bar in IE6? Not the Address
    > bar from the toolbar.
    >
    > thanks for any replies.
    >
    > Brother Brock
    > --
    > Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare.
    > Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Hare Hare.

    Thanks for the reply. Sorry for the mistake, actually I meant the word
    `Address' which mentioned next to the address bar in IE6, not the typed
    urls.

    Sorry again

    Brother Brock

Microsoft Browsers Windows XP