Status
Not open for further replies.

godbrother

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2009
Hi, I bought a bundle of laptops from a dealer as an "untested" lot. Some had no batteries, some had no A/C adapters and so forth. I came across a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo L1310G. I went out and found a compatible PSU for it and power it up.

Now here comes the interesting part, the moment I started it up, before the post screen there was the Fujitsu Siemens splash screen. STRAIGHT after that a password field apeared with a blue background asking for a password to be entered.

How can I bypass this so I can format the laptop to see if its all good and working for a resale.

Regards.

godbrother

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2009

This is not the Bios password as I stated above. It's a different kind of password that apears BEFORE post screen and straight after the splash screen.

godbrother

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2009
It's like 3rd party software to be honest, added in after. I've never seen a start up like that before. Do you think its just the Bios Password? Or system Password... I don't know.

It's a BIOS password. There's no other way to lock down a system like that.

If you really want assurance that it's not 3rd party, remove the hard disk, and boot it. The password will still show up.

Status
Not open for further replies.