Set Program Access and Defaults

July 21, 2005 12:45:27 PM

I can't get Set Program Access and Defaults to open .There is a shortcut on
the startbar but it is hatched. How can I repair it?
Thanks
John
Anonymous
July 21, 2005 2:45:10 PM

I may have caused the problem as I deleted a "Documents and Settings" folder
which was a relic from a previous non destructive system recovery (HP
feature).
John
"John H" <89s@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message news:42deb780@clear.net.nz...
> I can't get Set Program Access and Defaults to open .There is a shortcut
on
> the startbar but it is hatched. How can I repair it?
> Thanks
> John

July 21, 2005 2:45:11 PM

John H wrote:

> I may have caused the problem as I deleted a "Documents and Settings"
> folder which was a relic from a previous non destructive system
> recovery (HP feature).
> John
> "John H" <89s@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
>> I can't get Set Program Access and Defaults to open .There is a
>> shortcut
> on
>> the startbar but it is hatched. How can I repair it?
>> Thanks
>> John

Try doing a System Restore to before you deleted something you shouldn't
have.

Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools> System Restore.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com