donnie

When I did my basing I used artists board and SUPER GLUE. Now SG is
okay, but it does mean you've made up your mind (they ain't gonna move
again) and it is expensive. Then I used to wash muddy brown green
paint over the bases/figure's feet and dip in scatter (or whatever you
call it.)

Years later I now find my scatter is coming loose or patchy and those
figures need moving.

My thought is that there is probably a one glue to bind them all
(sorry <g>) i.e. castings and gunk.

I'm talking 15 and 20mm. Any suggestions?

Donnie.

"Donnie" <donnieitaly@fastmail.fm> wrote in message
{snip}

> Years later I now find my scatter is coming loose or patchy and those
> figures need moving.
>
> My thought is that there is probably a one glue to bind them all
> (sorry <g>) i.e. castings and gunk.
>
> I'm talking 15 and 20mm. Any suggestions?

I used to stick my figs on with Araldite! Nowadays I use general purpose
Bostik, seems to work OK for 6mm, 15mm, 20mm & 28s including vehicles.

I wash the whole base with PVA and dip it in the basing material (usually
sand, sometimes flock). If the material is still a bit loose then a spray of
varnish usually does the trick.

Martin

"Martin Rapier" <m.rapier@shef.ac.uk> wrote in message
> "Donnie" <donnieitaly@fastmail.fm> wrote in message
> {snip}
>
> > Years later I now find my scatter is coming loose or patchy and those
> > figures need moving.
> >
> > My thought is that there is probably a one glue to bind them all
> > (sorry <g>) i.e. castings and gunk.
> >
> > I'm talking 15 and 20mm. Any suggestions?
>
> I used to stick my figs on with Araldite! Nowadays I use general purpose
> Bostik, seems to work OK for 6mm, 15mm, 20mm & 28s including vehicles.
>
> I wash the whole base with PVA and dip it in the basing material (usually
> sand, sometimes flock). If the material is still a bit loose then a spray
of
> varnish usually does the trick.

I use acrylic texture gel, mixed with paint of the appropriate colour, to
cover base & figure bases.
Dry brush (or wash, according to taste).
Dab with white glue in patches, dunk in scatter grass.

donnie

On Wed, 4 May 2005 11:49:39 +0100, "Martin Rapier"
<m.rapier@shef.ac.uk> wrote:

>"Donnie" <donnieitaly@fastmail.fm> wrote in message
>{snip}
>
>> Years later I now find my scatter is coming loose or patchy and those
>> figures need moving.
>>
>> My thought is that there is probably a one glue to bind them all
>> (sorry <g>) i.e. castings and gunk.
>>
>> I'm talking 15 and 20mm. Any suggestions?
>
>I used to stick my figs on with Araldite! Nowadays I use general purpose
>Bostik, seems to work OK for 6mm, 15mm, 20mm & 28s including vehicles.
>
>I wash the whole base with PVA and dip it in the basing material (usually
>sand, sometimes flock). If the material is still a bit loose then a spray of
>varnish usually does the trick.
>
>Martin

"Varnish" - oh you barbarian :)

Not, not, gulp..."gloss" surely???

I use 1/16" thick bass wood sheets. Balsa is too flimsy too. If you use
a gob of Elmer's White glue it holds pretty well.