Sign in with
Your question

Image stretching on widscreen - Acer P243w

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
July 6, 2008 12:11:45 PM

Anyone know a solution? I've been messing with the resolution but it doesn't help. Another problem is that the max resolution is 1920x1200 but when I use that setting, a portion of the screen is cut off to the side so the system tray isn't visible. If do graphic editing on the widescreen and export it onto a non-widescreen computer will the image be squished? Or vice versa?

Monitor is an Acer P243w and video card is radeon x550. Will be using the monitor on my new rig in a few days that has vista 64bit, dual HD 4850 CF.
July 6, 2008 3:39:07 PM

Figured it out. I'm using XP. However what you need to do is:

ATI Catalyst Control Center > Digital Panel Properties > Attributes > Image Scaling: Don't use "Scale image to full panel size" Go with Use centered timing.

If you got video problem with your WS and using DVI output, in the same menu in catalyst control center:

ATI Catalyst Control Center > Digital Panel Properties > Attributes > DVI Settings: Uncheck "Reduce DVI frequency on hihg-resolution displays"

Currently I got "Alternate DVI operational mode" unchecked too. Got no idea what it's for.
August 4, 2008 4:59:48 PM

I have the same issue with section of screen running off right side of screen, but only on DVI connection, Analogue (D-SUB) is fine, i can see the full screen.

Updated the monitor (or as acer call them desktop) drivers but no good.

I use Nvidia gfx and no option for dvi frequency etc. available

whenever I try the OSD info option it reports it is displaying in 1600x1200.

other than this, I love the screen.
Related resources
September 2, 2008 4:29:52 AM

I have the same problem as AngelsSword in Vista Home Premium 32-bit using a 8800GT. When I use the DVI or HDMI input on the monitor, a portion of the desktop gets cut off to the right of the screen, and the OSD info on the actual monitor tells you that it is running in 1600x1200.It only works normally when you use the analog (D-Sub) input. What bugs me is that the monitor has a logo on the base stating the following: "Certified for Windows Vista".I bought the monitor because it has the DVI and HDMI inputs and now I can't use them in Vista at the moment. I don't have this problem in Windows XP. Perhaps I should contact Acer and ask them about this.
May 13, 2009 4:02:58 PM

NVidia driver 185.85 sorted it out. :-) For Vista and Win7! Yay!!!
!