Your question

P4 640 memory options?

Last response: in Memory
March 20, 2005 3:01:52 AM

P4 640 Prescott
GIGABYTE GA-8GPNXP Duo 915P
2x DIMM Dual Channel DDR2 400/533, 4x DIMM Dual Channel DDR 400/333Max 4GB
I intend to Play HL2 and Doom3, I also do alot of video encoding
I don't know a damn thing about case latency. I haven't built my own computer in 3 yrs. It's a whole new game now.
Armed with very little knowledge, and even less money, here is my front runner for my two available DDR2 dimms.

Corsair TWIN2X1024-5400C4 1GB DDR2-667 XMS2-5400 Xtreme Performance Memory w/Black Heat Spreader Retail, $257 delivered from ZZF.
Any useful opinions would be much appreciated. I've already been told not to bother with the regular DDR, for the applications I'm using, even though I already have a gig of Corsair Value and a gig of Kingston Value.
Thanks in advance.

More about : 640 memory options

a b } Memory
March 21, 2005 4:04:42 AM

Have you consider CAS 2.0 DDR400?

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
March 21, 2005 5:40:14 AM

Yes, if I knew what it was, who sells it and, how much it was? Maybe a link?
Related resources
March 21, 2005 5:56:51 AM

Hey Crash ive been talking to this guy in another section and one thing that I wasnt sure of was if he has this -
Quote:
have 1 gig of Kingston valueram PC3200 400 dual channel I bought 6 months ago, and 1 gig Corsair Value select same stats different lacency

will mixing those knock him out of dual channel?

<b>Ned Flanders said that im a BAD ASS</b> :lol: 
a b } Memory
March 21, 2005 6:05:42 AM

Looks like he has at least 1 matched pair he could already use! If the other RAM is a matched pair, he could use both matched pairs at the higher latency of the "lesser" modules. It would go somthing like Kingston in DDR slots 1, 3 and Corsair in DDR slots 2, 4

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
March 21, 2005 6:10:00 AM

Thats a copied and pasted quote from a discussion that we were having in one of the other sections so he may be in good shape after all.

<b>Ned Flanders said that im a BAD ASS</b> :lol: 
!