Hp pavilion

brett5150

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010
I have a hp pavilion a6540a and it is stuck on region 1, I have explored every avenue I can and have downloaded trial programs that have temporarily fixed the problem but now I cannot use it again can you tell me how to fix it with costing me money, thanks Brett.

G

You are presumable talking about DVD region setting.

Go to My Computer, Right click the drive and go to Properties. There may be an option to change Region -- I believe that you can only do this a few times due to those charming people in Hollywood.

But I suspect you can circumvent that by reflashing the drive's firmware. Go to HP or the drive maker's site and see what's available for your model.

brett5150

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010
You are presumable talking about DVD region setting.

Go to My Computer, Right click the drive and go to Properties. There may be an option to change Region -- I believe that you can only do this a few times due to those charming people in Hollywood.

But I suspect you can circumvent that by reflashing the drive's firmware. Go to HP or the drive maker's site and see what's available for your model.
Thanks for the advice I've already changed the region code once when I bought a couple of dvds from America, but I will try the other suggestion you gave me, thanks again, Brett

brett5150

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010
I stupidly changed the region code to 1 about a month ago like I said in my previous message, I cannot change it back, I'm not familiar with the drive markers site how do I get to that, seriously unless I purchase the rights from region master etc I do not think I'm going to be able to fix my problem I think it will be cheaper for me to buy a new drive but if you can think of anything I can try I've excausted every avenue with no luck.

G

I've just read that if you download VideoLan also known as VLC (a very popular media player that's free) it doesn't give a hoot what Region a movie is.

Well worth having anyway -- it's the player of choice of most of my friends for music and movies.

brett5150

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010

I stll cannot use my dvd burner it's still stuck on region 1, I changed it once so I can't change it again.

brett5150

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010
I've just read that if you download VideoLan also known as VLC (a very popular media player that's free) it doesn't give a hoot what Region a movie is.

Well worth having anyway -- it's the player of choice of most of my friends for music and movies.
Can I burn using vlc

G

No VLC is just a player. I don't see why region should affect burning ?

If necessary try reflashing the drive's firmware -- obtain from drive manufacturer though you may have problem installing regular version of the firmware if this is an OEM version of the drive.

brett5150

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010
No VLC is just a player. I don't see why region should affect burning ?

If necessary try reflashing the drive's firmware -- obtain from drive manufacturer though you may have problem installing regular version of the firmware if this is an OEM version of the drive.
I have another issue to ask my mother bought Crazy Heart from US on blu ray and it will not play on their sony bdp-s360 as it is region a can u offer a solution to this thankyou, Brett.

G

I know nothing about Blue Ray. Some dedicated DVD players can have their region changed via the remote control -- get your Mother to call Sony.

I've edited out her e-mail address to prevent it being harvested for spam by bad guys.

brett5150

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010
I just wanted to say filhart you are a nice guy, I really appreciate all the help you've given me, you've done all this for me without asking for anything, you are a gentleman and a damn nice guy, thanks for your help I really appreciate it, Brett Haverland. :wahoo: